Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Ionic calibration message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/23: This issue is now resolved. 

Huge thanks to everyone who endured this calibration notification. Your quick and detailed feedback helped our team to identify and implement a fix. Robot Happy

If you are still seeing this calibration notification, please the steps I posted here to successfully calibrate your Ionic. 

If you are still experiencing this issue after performing the steps detailed above, please feel free to let me know by starting a new topic on the Ionic board. 

Fitbit Update 04/25/2018: Thanks again for your continued patience as our team works towards a resolution to this issue. 

I appreciate all the feedback we have received in response to this calibration error. This information was very helpful for our team as they identified to root cause of the error. 

We hope to have this fix implemented soon and I will be sure to keep you all updated on when this release will start to roll out. 

I recognize that this is not an ideal experience, so I truly appreciate you all bearing with us while our team gets this sorted out. 

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me.

Fitbit Update 04/09/2018:  Just wanted to thank you all for your continued patience as our engineers work to fix this calibration error message issue. 

As mentioned previously, our team is aware of this issue and have proposed a fix which will be rolled out in a future update. 

I understand that the calibration message may be annoying to some and I want to assure you that our team is working diligently to have this issue resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, please continue to ignore the calibration message as this should not affect the functionality of the Ionic. 

Special thanks to all who have confirmed whether or not they had performed a factory reset prior to receiving this message.  

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me!

Fitbit Update 03/27/2018: Hi all. 

Some users are receiving a persistent notification to calibrate their Ionic after updating to Fitbit OS 2.0. 

Our team is aware of this issue and are currently working to have it resolved in a future update. I will be sure to keep you all posted as more information becomes available. 

Thanks to all of you who have spent the time to report this issue, as your experiences have been forwarded to our engineering team. 

In the meantime, please ignore the calibration message, as it periodically may continue to pop up. 

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out. Thanks again all! Robot Happy

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
433 REPLIES 433

Patience is wearing thin though , if there’s a problem it needs sorting not at next update but NOW!!!!!

its been far too long now and it’s annoying. Never buying Fitbit again

Best Answer
I called them today. They will not return it or refund it for this issue.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I'm also experiencing the problem. I'm also having some bugs in the FitBit pay function. Long pressing the back button to bring up FitBit pay, I get prompted for the PIN. Fair enough for the first time after putting the watch on. When I start to enter the PIN, after typing two digits, it throws me back to the clock screen. I then long press back again, and this time, I'm able to enter my PIN. BUT it then exits to the clock screen. I then have to long press a third time to finally get FitBit pay up. Further, just about everytime I use it, I need to do this, even when I haven't taken the watch off, and wearing it pretty tight on my wrist.

TBH, as a software developer, I'd classify the new update as Beta software, and would dearly love to downgrade my firmware to the previous, more stable version

Best Answer

I have to say .....  I agree.   The first time I attempted the update it failed.  So glad it did.  I read about the issues and didn't attempt it again.  Sounds like it has great new features that no one can use.  Like others, I own more than one model.  This is the first time I've heard of such difficulty with the customer service at Fitbit.  New models are trying to make money for the company to fix this problem.  Too little too late.  Folks are leaving in droves and they're twiddling their thumbs.  I think your post is falling on deaf ears.  Fitbit is done.

Best Answer
My very loud complaints certainly fell on deaf ears.
As a FIT shareholder I was really hoping that they would take seriously my
concerns considering the importance of the success of this product.
I've now returned my Ionic and will be selling my shares.
This company clearly doesn't get it.
Best Answer

I know everyone (including me) has been complaining here about the issues, but consider that this issue is the biggest pain point.... on your flagship product. So I've got a feasible and constructive suggestion to move this forward.

You have acknowledged the issue, you have provided some updates, and you have indicated you are working on it. That's a very excellent start.

Would it be possible for you to provide more regular updates (weekly or more often), and give more details? There are many stages to fixing issues in software: have you identified which units are affected? Have you reproduced this in your development environment? Have you identified the root cause? Have you started on a code fix? Is the fix currently being tested? I totally get that developers are human, and bugs happen. However, when they do happen, keeping me informed regularly is key to keeping my custom. Example: I've backed a very late (6 months) kickstarter project, but I've not complained because they provide very detailed weekly updates, which give me an appreciation of the problems they face.

Secondly, users are less likely to complain if you give them a feasible workaround. In this case, I would suggest giving us the ability to downgrade our firmware. I realise this may be a pain for maintenance, but at the end of the day, people would generally rather have a stable platform over a buggy one with new features.

Best Answer

Any update on a fix? Or estimated timelines?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You guys need to fix this soon.  My workout this morning was partially erased due to this calibration issue.  The message comes up and stops recording your workout.  This is the second time this has happened.  I'm about ready to take this thing back to Best Buy and try a new brand.

Best Answer

Hi.

For a few weeks now my Ionic has behaved strange. i have extreme low counts on the walking part and it also tells me i'm dead as i have no pulse.

when i check my fitbit app it says it stopped around 27/3-18 to reg my pulse.

so i went to the place i bought it today and they helped me reset the Ionic, i DL the firmware and the update. and now it tells me to calibrate and like many others here a big RED X. 

How is the progress going on fixing this issue?

Also on reg a credit card its not functioning. it adds the card but gets stuck on validate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fitbit this is something not passed by Beta first - it has created such a problem on a product that has not been out for more than a year.  At this point, this should be a mass fix of some sort - recall possibly? Not sure, but I gather replacing the Ionic with the same type, the same issue will continue.  This is very upsetting.  Please determine a resolution and respond to your customers.  

Best Answer
Of its a recall or a fix they manage i hope they do decide soon.

Its no fun walking around whit a clock/device u pay 3-400$ for and u get half the effect it should provide.

Would a recall of latest update fix the calibration issue?
Cause that effected me first when last update came.

Felt it worked fine before that.

Sendt fra min iPhone
Best Answer
Fitbit does not see this problem as a priority.
I was complaining about this problem immediately after the update because
of the obnoxious daily calibration messages.
Weeks passed. I too had my workouts logging interrupted with the
calibration messages.
Eventually enough was enough and Amazon let me return the thing outside of
the return window.
Just return it.
Best Answer
Thanks for ur opinion. I like the watch. Gotten used to it. So it will annoy me to return it.

But i’ll have a word whit the seller and see what they say.

Sendt fra min iPhone
Best Answer

To add to my previous message joining the others with the same problem with calibration. The issue on my watch surfaced post update. Previous to the problem, i had not done any factory resets. 

Best Answer

Do you know aprox. It would take to fix said problem 

Best Answer

One month since issue was discovered.

Best Answer
goog luck with that. I even talk to the corporate. They couldn't care
less! My first and last experience with fitbit. Totally nonsense and
irresponsible company with NO Business ethics!

This email transmission is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy
Act, 18 U.S.C. sec. 2510-2521 and is legally privileged, confidential and
protected from disclosure. Any review, reliance or distribution by others
is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender and delete all copies. Thank you.
Best Answer

Every day I get a little reminder at 20:00 exactly.

It reminds me to never ever ever ever buy a Fitbit product again.

I have:Ionic. Google Pixel 2 XL. Latest Android 9DP1 OS.
Best Answer
Yes, that’s pretty common with most everyone

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
LOL! Ha Ha Ha, he he he! Beats everything!
I can't believe fitbit hopes to continue selling with huge profit and
compete with other products with such a bad repo!

This email transmission is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy
Act, 18 U.S.C. sec. 2510-2521 and is legally privileged, confidential and
protected from disclosure. Any review, reliance or distribution by others
is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender and delete all copies. Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes