Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Ionic calibration message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/23: This issue is now resolved. 

Huge thanks to everyone who endured this calibration notification. Your quick and detailed feedback helped our team to identify and implement a fix. Robot Happy

If you are still seeing this calibration notification, please the steps I posted here to successfully calibrate your Ionic. 

If you are still experiencing this issue after performing the steps detailed above, please feel free to let me know by starting a new topic on the Ionic board. 

Fitbit Update 04/25/2018: Thanks again for your continued patience as our team works towards a resolution to this issue. 

I appreciate all the feedback we have received in response to this calibration error. This information was very helpful for our team as they identified to root cause of the error. 

We hope to have this fix implemented soon and I will be sure to keep you all updated on when this release will start to roll out. 

I recognize that this is not an ideal experience, so I truly appreciate you all bearing with us while our team gets this sorted out. 

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me.

Fitbit Update 04/09/2018:  Just wanted to thank you all for your continued patience as our engineers work to fix this calibration error message issue. 

As mentioned previously, our team is aware of this issue and have proposed a fix which will be rolled out in a future update. 

I understand that the calibration message may be annoying to some and I want to assure you that our team is working diligently to have this issue resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, please continue to ignore the calibration message as this should not affect the functionality of the Ionic. 

Special thanks to all who have confirmed whether or not they had performed a factory reset prior to receiving this message.  

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me!

Fitbit Update 03/27/2018: Hi all. 

Some users are receiving a persistent notification to calibrate their Ionic after updating to Fitbit OS 2.0. 

Our team is aware of this issue and are currently working to have it resolved in a future update. I will be sure to keep you all posted as more information becomes available. 

Thanks to all of you who have spent the time to report this issue, as your experiences have been forwarded to our engineering team. 

In the meantime, please ignore the calibration message, as it periodically may continue to pop up. 

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out. Thanks again all! Robot Happy

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
433 REPLIES 433

I just received a replacement Ionic (previous had water damage causing battery issues)  within the last month and this Ionic is at version at 27.32.4.19.  watch works fine; except a few times a week it wants to calibrate to optimize sensor performance but can not complet the task.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@Crusaders69 wrote:

Because of the above message I tried to do the download again. Grrr, it made it worse. I finally called Fitbit and spoke to Julio, he walked me through the steps I needed (I'm not computer savvy). Now, my Ionic is up and running. At this time, no issues. However, WTF why is "Matt?" allowed to making that statement if not true. Come on guy's, I'm giving another chance but get your sh#t together!

Well how about posting the solution he gave you so we can try it.

Best Answer
Basically, I had to delete the fitbit app from my phone and redownload the fitbit app. Then I  did a factory restart. Of the apps I lost in the initially muck up, I regained in the factory restart. From that point on, all is good. Bummer was losing my songs.
Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MattFitbit I work for a software consulting company and we specialize in software development, QA, and test automation. If there is any way I can help, please feel free to connect them with me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Push the god **ahem** update already, I'm so sick of this...

Best Answer

Any idea when this will be fixed? It's been a couple months. Come on Fitbit.

Best Answer

@BShields wrote:

Any idea when this will be fixed? It's been a couple months. Come on Fitbit.

I just finished my update of the 2.5 version (iOS app) on a new iPhone X along with the ionic 32.10.15 within the last hour and sadly I’ve been prompted to calibrate twice already. I thought the updates were hoping to resolve the issue. Update: added app version, iPhone and software version. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the calibration message last night after updating to the latest software .15. It was late so I clicked on later. Another poster has stated it does work but you have to wait a few seconds for it to kick in? I guess time will tell...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don’t think it’s a hardware issue because I removed my ionic from my account, did a factory reset and when I added it back to my account it updated the software. Then I received the “calibration” message last night, put it in the charger and it calibrated right away. I will have to wait and see tonight if it asks me to calibrate again, but it seems as of now that everything is working properly.

Ionic user

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi all. 

Just wanted to jump in here to confirm that Fitbit OS 2.1 has been pushed to 100% of Ionic users.

This release includes some stability improvements and I have seen some users report that they were able to successfully calibrate their Ionic after updating to the latest firmware.

So, if you receive the message to calibrate your Ionic after updating to OS 2.1, please attempt to complete the calibration (rather than ignoring) by plugging in your watch and lay it on a flat surface when prompted. 

Truly hoping that this will help to resolve the issue. Please let me know how it goes! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry Matt.  Got the calibration message less than a minute after I installed the upgrade, and it failed.  BIG RED X.  Like usual.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MattFitbit alas, when I receive the daily prompt to calibrate if I choose "Start" it immediately goes to a green checkmark. It never prompts to connect to a power source and lay on a flat surface (as it was doing prior to the OS 2.1 update).

I am running the initial 2.1 update, 27.32.10.15. Should I be receiving a notification to update again for 27.32.10.20?

Best Answer

I have the same problems now for 3 weeks. Tried to restart the Ionic, removed the app from my phone, removed the Ionic from my phone and connected in installed it all again for 3 times but doesn't get any connection. I tried an other phone too, but still doesn't connect.

When will this problem will be solved because it's for 3 weeks now and can't do anything with it. Thats nog the reason why i paid that much money.

Is this problem solvable?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just curious, but how do you know if the calibration has worked? It failed a few times and then all of the sudden it went back to the main screen. Did it work? How can one tell?

Best Answer

A green check mark appeared on the screen after the calibration was finshed. It took max 5 s to calibrate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated a week ago.  I get the calibration message every evening at 8 pm.  I go through the process, get the green check and the next day at 8pm the message shows up.  All the update did was change the way the error happens.

Best Answer

I have updated to OS v2.1 (32.10.15).  I got a green checkmark after the calibration message appeared.  Now, I will see what happens at 8 PM tonight....

Best Answer

Hi Matt,

I just received a brand New Ionic recently. I was pushed to update to the new os so that I could complete the set up of the tracker with my phone. I’ve faced this sensor calibration error from the start and I am thoroughly confused as to why a brand new item would be faulty from the factory. Could you share if a fix is in the works and when that can be expected?

Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Is there away to see when that "New" Ionic was manufactured?  

Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone
Best Answer

@BalderDad wrote:

I have updated to OS v2.1 (32.10.15).  I got a green checkmark after the calibration message appeared.  Now, I will see what happens at 8 PM tonight....

My experience after doing both was that the calibration message still shows up at 8pm but before I can press later or start, a green check appears and the prompt goes away.

Best Answer
0 Votes