Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Ionic calibration message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/23: This issue is now resolved. 

Huge thanks to everyone who endured this calibration notification. Your quick and detailed feedback helped our team to identify and implement a fix. Robot Happy

If you are still seeing this calibration notification, please the steps I posted here to successfully calibrate your Ionic. 

If you are still experiencing this issue after performing the steps detailed above, please feel free to let me know by starting a new topic on the Ionic board. 

Fitbit Update 04/25/2018: Thanks again for your continued patience as our team works towards a resolution to this issue. 

I appreciate all the feedback we have received in response to this calibration error. This information was very helpful for our team as they identified to root cause of the error. 

We hope to have this fix implemented soon and I will be sure to keep you all updated on when this release will start to roll out. 

I recognize that this is not an ideal experience, so I truly appreciate you all bearing with us while our team gets this sorted out. 

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me.

Fitbit Update 04/09/2018:  Just wanted to thank you all for your continued patience as our engineers work to fix this calibration error message issue. 

As mentioned previously, our team is aware of this issue and have proposed a fix which will be rolled out in a future update. 

I understand that the calibration message may be annoying to some and I want to assure you that our team is working diligently to have this issue resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, please continue to ignore the calibration message as this should not affect the functionality of the Ionic. 

Special thanks to all who have confirmed whether or not they had performed a factory reset prior to receiving this message.  

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me!

Fitbit Update 03/27/2018: Hi all. 

Some users are receiving a persistent notification to calibrate their Ionic after updating to Fitbit OS 2.0. 

Our team is aware of this issue and are currently working to have it resolved in a future update. I will be sure to keep you all posted as more information becomes available. 

Thanks to all of you who have spent the time to report this issue, as your experiences have been forwarded to our engineering team. 

In the meantime, please ignore the calibration message, as it periodically may continue to pop up. 

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out. Thanks again all! Robot Happy

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
433 REPLIES 433

@Acmckee 

Has yours prompted to calibrate and before you select either later or start a green check appears, then disappears and the watch reverts back to your clock face/home screen?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Likewise I just updated mine too. Will let you know at 8:01 Pacific Time.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

No. It prompts to calibrate at 8pm.  If I press either start or later I get a green check and within seconds it's back to the clock face.  It's happed at 8pm every day since I updated to the new OS.  

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

No. It prompts to calibrate at 8pm.  If I press either start or later I get a green check and within seconds it's back to the clock face.  It's happed at 8pm every day since I updated to the new OS.  

Thanks for letting me know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here comes 8pm

Best Answer
0 Votes

Right on cue lol. Update did nothing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update #2 - Still getting calibration message even after new OS pushed.  What is the final fix, please?

Best Answer
Yes, me too

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@DMeddaugh wrote:
Yes, me too

Sent from my iPhone

me as well. *sigh* 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BalderDad wrote:

Update #2 - Still getting calibration message even after new OS pushed.  What is the final fix, please?

Calibration message again. Green check mark...again. *shrug* I give up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m unsure. I have the SN but no other data to track the manufacture date. By new, I only meant brand new from the vendor in factory packaging. I did not intend to imply that it was some updated or improved model. 

What I find vexing is that the sensors won’t calibrate at all, so I don’t have any access to the HR monitoring function or fitness tracking. The fact that the company representatives dismiss this as a non issue contradicts the fact that their products are intended as fitness trackers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yup...me 2

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mark2Mister2 wrote:

I’m unsure. I have the SN but no other data to track the manufacture date. By new, I only meant brand new from the vendor in factory packaging. I did not intend to imply that it was some updated or improved model. 

What I find vexing is that the sensors won’t calibrate at all, so I don’t have any access to the HR monitoring function or fitness tracking. The fact that the company representatives dismiss this as a non issue contradicts the fact that their products are intended as fitness trackers. 

For Calibration:

I was told by a support rep via email remove the watch bands from the ionic, lay the watch face downing a flat surface and connect it to the cord to a wall outlet. 

That was the first time it’s been suggested to remove the actual band to my knowledge.

I will see if it prompts me to calibrate tonight at 8pm. Again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I powered down and restarted my ionic watch this morning because of some bluetooth issues between phone and watch.  I did not get the 8pm calibration message tonight.  We'll see what happens tomorrow.  Maybe that made it work???

Best Answer

I, too, restarted my Ionic this morning and did not receive my daily 8:00 PM calibration reminder.

Best Answer
Well I did the new iOS update, restarted and recalibrated but still got the 8:00 notice. What’s different is that I hit start instead of later and got the green check mark :white_heavy_check_mark: so let’s see if tomorrow is any different.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I assure you it is going to be the same.  Tomorrow at 8pm another recalibration message will pop up again.

And here is my rant:

The very annoying "re-calibration" message STILL has not gone away for me with the latest firmware release.

I have proceeded with recalibration on a daily basis since the firmware update.  Everytime it would give me a check mark as if the recalibration is successful (unlike before where it would outright fail), but the problem is that the re-calibration request would come back everyday.  Sometimes more than once per day.

What is going on?

Best Answer
What gets me is the lack of notification from Fitbit about this problem and where they are at with the fix. If we were internal clients to an organisation there would be hell to pay. We are on the outside as retail clients and not a word is said. They know who has a Iconic... MB
Best Answer
Me too
Best Answer

FYI - this is the second night now that the 8pm calibration message has not happened.   I powered down and restarted the watch Monday morning.  I have the new update on my watch as well.  Don't know if this is the solution but it seems to be working so far.

Best Answer