Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Fitbit app vs. Strava app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I don’t think this solves the issues because my Fitbit ionic automatically pauses when I am biking. All I do is have the ionic sync with Strava after I work out.  Strava gives different gps data as well even though the only gps I am using is on my ionic.  Strava also gives different calorie burn totals even though all the data is collected from the ionic. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@Gg80 I'm not sure where. I move your post, but since your question is not about the app but the ionic And Strava I'm moving it to the ionic. 

I suggest that you edit the title to agree with your post. 

Sorry I can not help 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used to have my fitbit HR linked to strava but unlinked them.  Not sure with the ionic but after owning the fitbit for a few months I realized that strava uses it's own information not that from the fitbit and its own algorithms.  So when I took the link off and let my fitbit report the calorie information became much more accurate.  Strava is the closest app estimate I can find though, it's pretty good when reporting on calories when I'm single track trail riding but less accurate when i'm on the road or paved trails.  The gps on strava was far more accurate than the gps on my fitbit app when i start it.  The fit bit app did not seem to have enough pick up points to accurately measure distance when you do a lot of switch backs and turns.

Best Answer
0 Votes