Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ionic will not connect via wireless or Blutooth on WIN10

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got the Ionic for Christmas.  10 days later still having no luck pairing it with any device I own.  That includes cell phone, laptops and computers which are not Windows 10 but tried the dongle and still won't work.  I have an account but that is as far as I can go.  The watch is useless right now.  Try to manually add devices and it never finds them on the map.  It says there is something in my house to pair it to but not having any luck with any computer or device in my house.  I have deleted and started over, reset things, followed all instructions on fitbit, youtube, etc and nothing is working.  I will go out and purchase something if need be just to operate this but fear that this may not work as I have used friends computers with Windows 10, have Wifi, bluetooth, etc and it still is not pairing with anything.  I was looking at an Acer Windows 10 Switch 10 Convertible laptop just to use for my fitbit but I can never find any of the products I am looking for in the menu system where it tells you the compatible devices. If I cannot find a solution the best thing to do would be to sell the watch I cannot use.  Frustrating as I really wanted it!  Anyone have any suggestions?

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hello @SherTaio3, let's start by choosing one device, I would prefer the cell phone, but not knowing what type of phone prevents me from helping with the problem.

You say you have tried your non win 10 computer, but not knowing what windows is on it I'm unable to help here also. However I noticed that your Fitbit Account was created on Christmas and a Fitbit Dongle does not get shipped with an Ionic, so unless a Fitbit Dongle was purchased separately your non win 10 commuters will not be of any use for setting up the ionic.

Your setup will need to be done through the phone since the ionic does not come with a dongle.

Not knowing the phone type the best I can do is point to the Fitbit help docs and ask at what step of the setup process does the failure accure and what error code do you receive?

I notice that you mentioned trying to manually pair the tracker, well that is correct, your tracker may not be found on the map and if it was found it should still not pair, giving an error of "Rejected by the Ionic". Setup must be completely done through the Fitbit app.

How do I set up my Fitbit device?
Set up and get started using your new device.
Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?
Make sure your phone, tablet, or computer meets all the requirements for getting started with your Fitbit device

Best Answer