Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light constantanly on on back of Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Red light came on on the back side of my ionic today.  Battery is now draining crazy fast.  What's going on with it? Haven't even had it a year yet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
43 REPLIES 43

Hello @Hilldad thank you for posting here in our Community, welcome aboard! 

Seems odd that your Ionic is showing a red light on the back side, This could be the root cause of the battery drain behavior too. That said, if you haven't already done so and because our Ionic model was designed to last 5 days of charge, I recommend you to first try our restart process and then check our help article: Can I improve my Fitbit device's battery life? for more information and details about how to prioritize battery life on your Fitbit. 

I'll be here, please let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
After charging over night red light was off and green flickering light was back. After 1 hour of wearing it red light came back on and it died within minutes. Now won't charge.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome back @Hilldad thanks for your reply and update. My apologies for the delayed reply.

Seems completely odd that your Ionic device is behaving in such way, this is certainly not a common situation or the way we designed this specific model. Since your device is not charging anymore, I'd like to suggest you our help article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device?. Please try the steps that are specified there and keep me posted, I'll be waiting for your reply to move forward. 

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing it too but to add insult to injury I am getting no pulse or it says I have a pulse of 120plus 

how can I fix it so I can wear the watch for more than a couple of hours before it suddenly dies?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Ionic has recently started to do this,  I thought maybe it was because I did not complete the firmware update yet,  but I did that and the red light is still on.   Battery isnt even lasting 4 hours now,  any ideas?

Best Answer

Mine just started doing this as well  and when connected to charger says it's not enough power.at source. Battery is draining. What is.going on!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not sure and I am beyond frustrated.   I love this watch and it is basically useless now.   I have tried what was suggested,  did not work.  I tried soft resetting, didnt work.  I tried factory resetting, that failed and the watch had a big X on it saying data not cleared, sync and try again.  Tried to resync,  that failed too,  phone could no longer find the watch.   Looked up how to fix on Youtube,  founf a helpfull video saying to unpair and reconnect as if it is a new Fitbit.  Did that,  everything seemed to work except for the heart rate monitor for about 10 minutes.  Then the red light came back on again.  I even shut down the Fitbit at this time because I was so frustrated,   and the light still stayed on until it drained the battery again.   

Very frustrated and completely out of ideas

Best Answer
Very frustrating indeed, mine is totally dead now and will not charge.
Best Answer
0 Votes
My watch has been in a drawer now since this has happened and all I was told was ” it’s out of warranty “

Such a shame that its not a priority to fix a wristband with a red light on it!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My watch is doing the same, I'm beyond frustrated. It must have to do with the latest update.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's when mine started to act weird! I did the update last week, and today I cannot even get it to charge. WTF!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
I bet you are in the states? I wonder if you would be so kind as to post more info for up across the pond in the UK in case we can get a replacement too

Cheers Clive

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

No I am in Canada. I have had several fitbits and issues with all of them after the warranty ran out. I sent them a message and hopefully hear something soon.

Good for you. Mine is not.even 2 yrs old. I am hoping for some sort of compensation,  it worked fine until the update.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

The only response I got from Fitbit was to tyrn off oprions I did not want.   That is not the problem.   Same on Fitbit for not recognizing their update was faulty and correcting before turning valuable units into bricks.   I think they should replace them even if  not under warranty,  after all it is their updates that broke them!!

Best Answer

Mine doing exact same thing... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine also and the heart rate stopped working.  What a **ahem**.  And it appears Fitbit doesn’t care.  Wow. This was an expensive watch for it to last LESS than 2 YEARS.  I will actively steer people to better quality, better backed products.  I’m disgusted with this company. What a waste of money

Best Answer

I did eventually get a replacement sent, but had to go "over" Fitbit.  Unfortunately they removed my message on how I received the replacement though.  Google it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also encountered this issue. To resolve it I did a factory reset and paired it to my phone as a new watch. Once it had finished the initial update, it worked normally again.

Unfortunately the factory reset only resolved my issue for 8 hours. The red light has returned.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did the same, and then it was toast for the watch.  I called FITBIT and the offer was 25% towards a new one because my warranty was out.  I went "over" fitbit and received a new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes