Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light constantanly on on back of Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Red light came on on the back side of my ionic today.  Battery is now draining crazy fast.  What's going on with it? Haven't even had it a year yet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
43 REPLIES 43

Mine is now a brick.  Completely dead. And Fitbit does not care. I’m flabbergasted that this company would sell a very expensive product and not care when they kill it with a bad update and it’s less than two years old. Hey Fitbit.... you suck

Best Answer

Yep,   I loved my Fitbit.   Did everything I wanted, waterproof, and when working the battery lasted a week.   I will never buy another Fitbit after this experience. however the battery is good for 2 to 3 days with the o2 senser being used. 

Moderator Edit: Word choice - Promoting

Best Answer
0 Votes

How have you all resolved this issue?  Mine started doing this several weeks ago and now it won’t keep a charge longer than 1 day!   Please help.   Next step is to escalate to product leadership.

Update: I called tech support this morning, and they claim this is a battery issue on my device and are offering to resolve it by sending me a discount code for a future purchase. This is ridiculous.

They also confirmed a firmware update was released several weeks ago (for me), but denied this is causing the battery to drain.

I'm sensing a lot of customers could be very upset, and Fitbit should review this situation to makes things right!

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I excalated mine to product leadership and it did no good. You need to go further.

Fitbit needs to come clean and realize that the update bricked the watches.  I cannot believe with all the complaints that they are not.  I did get a new one but I had to go further than their company. 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I have friends that work for Google, so going to try to get their attention on this.  Who did you go through?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah Fitbit is basically just another **ahem** corporation. They sell you an300 dollar watch that is running well right up until it dies Conveniently Just months after the warranty runs out.   Fitbit.... you suck.  I’ll be steering anyone I can away from you products

Best Answer
Our company is considering buying Fitbit devices for employees. Wait
until they hear my experience. Such bad business to operate this poorly.
--
Best,
George
Best Answer
0 Votes

Please tell them to pay a little extra for the Apple Watch.  At least Apple stands behind their products. Fitbit....not so much

Best Answer
0 Votes

you can email me at  

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having a similar issue with the heart rate sensor following the most recent firmware update on my Ionic. Seems like it is likely a firmware issue paired with older Ionic smartwatches. Seems irresponsible for Fitbit to push this update if it is causing these issues to their product - I will be contacting support today and post an update.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good luck with contacting support. I tried several times, even escalating
to supervisors. I had to become a nuisance to Fitbit via social media and
bother avenues to finally get their attention. After several efforts, they
agreed to send me a replacement.
--
Best,
George
Best Answer

After a long call with customer support, they did not offer anything beyond the platitudes and a discount to the Fitbit store. I keep being suspicious about the timing of their firmware update (the app says 27.70.8.0) on my phone, but the latest version on the Fitbit website is 27.71.6.19.

I'm for sure not getting an Ionic ever again, but I'm torn whether I will take the discount or go with a competitor. It appears that the store does not include the Charge 4 which makes it all the more likely I'll leave fitbit after almost 5 years with their products.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you go “over” Fitbit to get a replacement? Mine’s just over a year old, same issue and out of their one year warranty. They’ve offered me 35% of a new device, but they don’t seem to realize these are expensive(despite them being relatively cheap for their market). Remember when cheap watches lasted 5-15 or more years? Expensive watches last 100s.
thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did not get anywhere with FITBIT.   Eventually I gave up,  and bought a Garmin Vivo Activefit 4.   I will never go back to FITBIT,  as they do not stand behind their long time customers or products.  And once I did start to seem to get some attention over this matter,  all of my post were deleted qnd blocked.   Hopefully you have better luck.

Best Answer

My fitbit dies lights flickered very fast on the back 

Display went black

Will no restart

If plug in battery  charger nothing happens no lights

Not app shows watch fully charged 5 hrs ago

Will not sync any longer

What to do now 

Best Answer
0 Votes
That is exactly what happened to mine. Hopefully you are still within warranty.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, I'm having the exact same issue. FitBit will not stand behind their products. I will never buy  ANY FitBit products again. Horrible products and customer service

Best Answer

Unfortunately, I'm having the same issue. FitBit will not stand behind their products. I will never buy  ANY FitBit products again. Horrible products and customer service

Best Answer

Garmin has been great. Better product, better service 

Best Answer
I agree. I have had a Garmin for years without any issues whatsoever.
Best Answer
0 Votes