Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Fitbit Pay from Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic keeps trying to use the Pay Wallet feature.  I removed the wallet from my device completely.  The only tips I’ve received is to restart and wash gently with warm water and mild soap.  I restart this darn device at least twice a day and have tried cleaning it but now it’s waking me up several times at night trying to launch the Pay Wallet.  I’m about to throw the thing out on the street.  I loved my Blaze, but hate my new Ionic because of this bug that nothing seems to fix.  Please help.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome on board @LHaines, it's nice to see you here! Thanks for already troubleshooting this inconvenience with your wallet, nice way to go!

If you set up Fitbit Pay to make contactless payments from your watch, the device lock is turned on automatically and you’re prompted to set a code. If you choose not to use Fitbit Pay, the PIN code is optional.

You must enter your PIN code at least once a day. Your watch prompts you to enter your PIN code based on your device lock setting:

• Enabled: Each time you put your watch on your wrist.
  • Enabled for Fitbit Pay: First time you make a payment after your put your watch back on your wrist. 

Note that your card issuer may require you to re-enter your PIN code to authorize a payment. To change the device lock setting:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap or click Device Lock.
  3. Tap or click to change your device lock setting.

Did you remove your card from the Fitbit Pay Wallet? To delete your cards:

1. Log into your fitbit.com dashboard.
  2. Tap or click the gear icon in the top right > your device image.
  3. Tap or click Fitbit Pay.
  4. Tap or click Deactivate Fitbit Pay. Your cards are deleted from Fitbit Pay and can no longer be used to make payments with your watch.

Hope this helps, I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Good Morning,

I disabled the "device lock" in the app and I deactivated Fitbit Pay in the online dashboard.  I am still be prompted every few minutes by my device asking me for my PIN for Fitbit Pay.  Do you have any other suggestions?  I am now forced to take it off at night because it continues to wake me up; which saddens me because it is my alarm in the morning.  : (

Thank you

Lorraine

Best Answer

Thanks for following my tips and recommendations @LHaines! Since it seems you've exhausted all the steps in order to fix this, I'd recommend doing the Factory Reset on your Ionic. Note that you’ll need to reinstall any apps and music on your device after the reset, and since you haven't synced your device, then any data on the Fitbit device will be lost. 

On your watch, open the Settings app > About Factory Reset

When the watch successfully resets, use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware or you can see How do I update my Fitbit device? article.

Let me know if this helps, I'll be around! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hello,

Well I would like to say the factory reset worked, but now my Ionic constantly vibrates and shows a screen for waking and notifications.  This is very frustrating. Restarting doesn’t do a thing to stop the vibration and prompting. 

Help!  I’m about to go back to my old Blaze and throw this in the trash :’(

Best Answer
0 Votes

It sounds like either the left button is stuck in partially or water or something has got into the button. You'll have to speak to Customer Support as sounds like a new device might be needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to hear that the Factory Reset worked for the Fitbit Pay, but your Ionic started vibrating after attempting the procedure @LHaines. As my friend @jst1986 advised, I was about to create a support case on your behalf, but I just saw that you've been in touch with our Support Team already. 

If you haven't done so yet, please check your inbox. Great news was sent to you! Smiley Wink

If you have any questions, let me know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes