Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Bands, Screen Protectors, and Other Accessories for The Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I posted this in another thread but thought I'd also make a seperate post just for this subject so we can all share where to get accessories for the Ionic.

☆ Bands ☆

Solid Stainless Steel $21.99 / Free Shipping

Comes in rose gold, gold, silver, and black.

Magnetic Milanese Loop Stainless Steel Replacement Bands $11.88 - $12.88 / Free Shipping

Colors are: Black, Silver, Gold, and Rose Gold, Rose Gold w/ Rhinestones. There are some that you can remove the links without a tool.

☆ Full Body/Screen Protector ☆

Skinomi TechSkin Full Coverage + Screen Protector $12.95 + $3 Shipping

Screenshot_20170929-203852.jpg

Those are just a few for now.

& If anyone wants to add to this thread, for any other accessories they find. So we could just come on this thread to look what others have posted and we don't have to keep searching all across the web. It would be super helpful and appreciated! 

Best Answer
106 REPLIES 106

Thank you for stating this.... But beware of Chinese shipping that might take many weeks and the product may different in color shade.

I had this happen with my blaze bands a few times. 

I personally prefer buying on eBay only because I can filter to US shipping only. I am not a savvy on Amazon and have a hard time seeing where items ship from.

It will take a few weeks, but eventually they will be available from US shippers. 

Best Answer

I'm hoping that they will come out with something similar to the Slim Blaze bands. I don't like the idea of sleeping in or excersizing with a metal band on.

But I dislike thick straps on me. The slim style band made they Blaze look a trillion times better on my small wrists then the standard band ( which looked horrendous on me. ) 

Best Answer

Also, there isn't anything for the ionic yet. But this etsy seller seems to develop some really cool styles for all the other fitbit types. So I'd keep a eye out too after launch

https://www.etsy.com/shop/fitjewelsSF/items

Best Answer

@Bunnybear_05 wrote:

Also, there isn't anything for the ionic yet. But this etsy seller seems to develop some really cool styles for all the other fitbit types. So I'd keep a eye out too after launch

https://www.etsy.com/shop/fitjewelsSF/items

Amazing stuff from this etsy shop.... Bit those prices are PAINFUL to see. 

Best Answer

Thank you @racertempo for the feedback. I guess I forgot to take that into consideration that there are sellers from China. Now that you mentioned, the band's with the variety of colors is a seller from China so I may take that off also because it was a seller that just launched and I want trust worthy sellers for everyone.

Also, when shopping from Amazon and to see where the item is shipping from:

I believe sometimes it will say on the main page, this ships from "This Country" or ships and sold by "This Seller" which also has the country listed by their name or you have another option: 

Go to "Other Sellers on Amazon" 

20170923_164948.jpg

Or you can also see this button.

Screenshot_20170923-163533.jpg

Here you can see all the sellers and on the far left you can select filters to narrow the seller options.

Screenshot_20170923-165423.jpg

Bellow you can see this seller is from Australia. In the above picture and in my case it doesn't state what country the other sellers are from because they are in the U.S as I am. I believe if you were to shop from the U.K it would show they were from the U.S. (I hope I am explaining this correctly)

Screenshot_20170923-165833.jpg

In this other case, the seller is from China. This is the one of the bands that I took off because of the seller just being launched.

Screenshot_20170923-163225.jpg

Thanks @Bunnybear_05 for the reccomendation. That Etsy shop has some seriously beautiful accessories! But like racertempo said it's expensive, but hey if those who have the money or wants to treat themselves those are lovely options. Can't wait to see some Ionic things in her shop!

Best Answer

Amazon sellers Lamshaw and Hooroor both emailed me back and they both ship from China.  Bummer.  Not dealing with China shipping. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup, I agree. Definitely pricey !!!! But I really really dislike the band that comes with the ionic....so if they come up with something good and I can't find something cheaper on Amazon or if fitbit doesn't come out with a slim band....I might just suck it up. 

Best Answer

I live in Australia and often order from China. Yes you do run the risk of some difference to what you thought you ordered, but in my experience it doesnt happen often, and the prices are so cheap it doesnt matter a lot anyway. Also shipping is fast (to Australia lol). It is US shipping that drives me crazy. Half of the sellers wont ship outside the US and the ones that do cost a lot and take forever. So I guess it cuts both ways. But I wouldnt put Chinese goods down just because of that. You can get GREAT Chinese stuff.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thank you so much for posting this. I've been waiting for some third-party options here. I was just searching for a band adapter but the link one looks like it is actually an adapter and a band. I wonder how wide the band is in mm. I like this quick release mechanism much better than the proprietary one. I will likely get a link band and once I can measure it, go for a quick-release workout band.

Best Answer

Thanks for this info. I was certain that it would take some sales momentum before third party watch bands for the Ionic would be available. The stainless steel bracelet looks great and it also improves, at least for me, the overall look of the watch.

Best Answer

>>> Fitbit Ionic Screen Protector   

Best Answer

@Gray406 wrote:

50% OFF Deals on Screen Protectors

>>> Fitbit Ionic Screen Protector   Promo Code : SOKAVIMN

2344.png

I purchased some very similar ones from amazon myself, I would not recommend them at all. They were impossible to fit without bubbles.

I've now ordered some Skinomi wet application protectors. Due to the curved display of the Ionic, I believe this type is the only real viable option. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Hey @N8teGee. Thanks for the reccomendation. Is it the full body + screen protector or just for the screen?

Can you let us know how it is?

I updated the first post and linked a full body + screen protector from the same brand. Think I may get that one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The one I ordered was just for the screen, not sure I will bother with full body as they sometimes have the tendency to peel up.

I haven't received it yet, but so far I can't fault their customer service. I received the following email from them the other day.

Dear Nathan,

Thank you for your purchase of the Skinomi Fitbit Ionic screen protector. Although the initial design works, we saw we could make some improvements.

The initial design was purposely cut in to prevent lifting. The new design is brought out closer to the edges for better coverage.

All Skinomi products are backed by a lifetime warranty. We took the liberty of creating and sending out replacements for the newly improved design at no cost to you. These replacements are 100% free of charge.

Shipped on 9/25/2017 using USPS International First with Tracking Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxx 
Shipped on 9/26/2017 using USPS International First with Tracking Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sincerely, 
Skinomi Customer Support 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

@N8teGee wrote:

The one I ordered was just for the screen, not sure I will bother with full body as they sometimes have the tendency to peel up.

I haven't received it yet, but so far I can't fault their customer service. I received the following email from them the other day.

Dear Nathan,

Thank you for your purchase of the Skinomi Fitbit Ionic screen protector. Although the initial design works, we saw we could make some improvements.

The initial design was purposely cut in to prevent lifting. The new design is brought out closer to the edges for better coverage.

All Skinomi products are backed by a lifetime warranty. We took the liberty of creating and sending out replacements for the newly improved design at no cost to you. These replacements are 100% free of charge.

Shipped on 9/25/2017 using USPS International First with Tracking Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxx 
Shipped on 9/26/2017 using USPS International First with Tracking Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sincerely, 
Skinomi Customer Support 

That's really good customer service! Could you let us know after you get it and have more time with it?

I hit my watch a few times while lifting this evening. No scrstches, but I am still a little apprehensive of the gorilla glass and scratching the frame even though I read in another thread that since it doesn't have a coating it would have to take a pretty hard hit to scratch it. 

I wanted to see some reviews on the full body protector but since the Ionic is brand new I'm either going to wait for a review or just buy it and see. I think I will go with the latter since it's not that expensive and that brand seems reliable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The trouble is, the frame is made from aluminium which is very soft. Even the lightest of contact with something harder has the potential to leave a mark.

I knocked my phone with the end of the usb-c, the lightest of taps and that left a small ding. Aluminium is one of my dislikes, I'd much rather steel even if it does add some weight to the device.

I'd say go for it, it comes with a lifetime warranty so you don't have much to lose.

Yes I will update when I receive it. It's a wet install so I will expect to get a good bubble free fit. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

I work in environmental science and sometimes go out into the field, often through dense vegetation or need to "bushwack". I loved these bands for my Charge 2:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MDN5IHN

But they are not available yet for the Ionic. I found something similar:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B075RC4VXT

I ordered it and received it on Friday. I do not like it as much as the one I had for the Charge 2, it is really stiff and I do not care for the material it is made of. But it should get me through until the other type is available.

I understand about ordering from China. I check to see if the order would be fulfilled by Amazon, as it can be delivered pretty fast then.

Best Answer

I just found this:

https://www.amazon.com/SnowCinda-Shock-proof-Shatter-resistant-Protective-Resistant/dp/B075XLB7L8

But the reviews are from another product, so not sure about it. It seems that the seller has gotten a lot of good reviews though, and the order would be fulfilled by Amazon.

Best Answer

You're welcome @kenjamin and @Jim319. I wanted to make it easy for everyone to buy accessories for the Ionic and also have others give us reviews on accessories they bought 🙂

@N8teGee I don't know why I didn't think of the aluminum aspect of it so thank you for that lol but maybe I will buy something like @SteviK mentioned.

Speaking of, thank you Stevik for your recommendations and for sharing your thoughts on them. I think I may get the last one you posted. 

Best Answer