Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting / Rebooting the Ionic while addressing issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I have seen a few topics around resetting the Ionic lately, resulting in a lot of different opinions.

I myself am very active in the I.T. industry and know very well that rebooting any device does not fix a true problem.

Assuming there is a real software problem (bug), rebooting / resetting will only address the symptoms, but it will not fix the problem ! The 'problem' may seem to have gone away for a while, but if your issue is a true bug, it will come back at some point.

That said, there is still something to be said for resetting your Ionic. In a lot of cases, when changes are being made (new application installation, new watch face installed, firmware updates etc.), some or all of the changes do not take effect, until you reboot. The reason for this is that in a lot of cases new settings / new files etc. only get read when your device (re)starts. So, I would certainly recommend to reset (soft reset !) your Ionic right after you have made a change.

Case in point, I had some issues with Notification not always making it to my Ionic after the recent firmware update, and I also changed watch faces.

I soft reset my Ionic a few days ago, and it now all works perfectly well, as it should. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Great point, @bIonicman.  I've also found that issue when the app updates, but within a week or so, the issue usually resolves itself, and it's usually after the device is softly reset.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes