Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resting heart rate on Ionic and app not matching

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On my fitbit it shows my my resting heart rate in the low 50s when i wake up.. but when I go into the app it shows as it in the 60s. This has has been happening for about 2 weeks now after I took it off to go out with some friends for the evening. Is there a way to reset this without losing all my current tracked data? Or do you have another option? Ive tried wearing it lose and tight.. higher up and lower on my wrist already.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Restart your Ionic several times (you wont lose any data). If that doesnt correct the difference, uninstall the app, reinstallnit and log back in. Let us know how you go 

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
It did not help!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @Dinerino, it's nice to see you here! Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot this inconvenience, nice way to go! 

While reading your post I was wondering if what you're seeing that your RHR on your Ionic is not matching with the app? 

If your resting heart rate suddenly changed, I'd like to start saying that your tracker can have difficulty finding a signal, typically due to the tracker's fit. For example, wearing your band tightly may constrict blood flow in your wrist and affect the signal. We recommend experimenting with how high you place the tracker on your wrist. When you're not exercising, wearing the tracker just above the wrist bone--as you would a watch--typically works fine. However, moving the tracker up a couple inches can be helpful during high-intensity exercises or exercises that cause you to bend your wrist frequently. I know you've done this, but please review our recommendations for wear and other tips shared by @SantiFitbit

Resting heart rate measures your heart beats when you are still, and it can be an important indicator of the health of your heart. According to the American Heart Association website, “the average resting heart rate is 60-80 beats per minute, but it’s usually lower for physically fit people.” This is because “active people often have lower heart rates because their heart muscle is in better condition and doesn’t need to work as hard.” Also, the average resting heart rate rises with age.

Resting heart rate refers to the heart rate measured when you’re awake, calm, comfortable, and have not recently exerted yourself. We use your heart rate data from when you’re awake and asleep to estimate your resting heart rate. For best accuracy, wear your device to sleep. 

Your resting heart rate is usually higher than your heart rate while you are asleep, so don’t be surprised if your resting heart rate is higher than the lowest number that you see in your heart rate graphs.

If you find this of help, I'd recommend checking the article: Can I see real-time data in the Fitbit app?

Thanks for your help @NellyG

Let me know if you need further assistance! Smiley Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
No it is reading it.. its just not recording properly in the app.. For
example.. as i was sitting in bed going through the app my fitbit was
reading 54, 53, 52bpm. When i wake up it has become a habit to click on my
fitbit and it was reading 37bpm. And those numbers (my sleeping numbers)
had been recording into the app. But it is now recording my resting HR in
the 60s. I know it is lower than that.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The ionic doesnt display the resting heart rate @Dinerino

You might want to read the Heart FAQ

What should I know about my heart rate data?

Learn how to measure heart rate with Fitbit's PurePulse heart-rate tracking technology

What is resting heart rate?

Resting heart rate will not be the low heart rate recorded while sleeping, but should be the heart rate while the body is at rest during the day.

BTW, do you have a Charge 2 as the title suggests?

Best Answer