Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revert to production firmware from dev firmware

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 12/05/2017: The official firmware update has been released. You can now just update to the latest release version to get development capabilities.

Fitbit Update 10/25/17: If you'd like to revert from the developer firmware (27.30.3.2) to the production firmware (27.25.16.7), follow the instructions below:

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
68 REPLIES 68

Is there any specific reason we would want to revert back to production firmware?

Edit:  I see it is in response to this thread: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/how-to-opt-out-from-the-developers-version/td-p/2221725/jump-t...

Best Answer

Quick scenario if you don't mind.

1. I, while poking around, enrolled in the dev firmware and ultimately upgraded to it.

2. If I opt out of the dev program and don't factory reset will I get the new production firmware?  So many of the Ionic's configurations are local to the device that resetting is a serious pain (queues, stat displays, etc.).

Thanks!

Best Answer

And https://community.fitbit.com/t5/SDK-Development/Help-with-downgrade/m-p/2261984#M1077 ... And others. If several people want to downgrade, it is obvious there is a reason.

Best Answer

@M3tax wrote:

And https://community.fitbit.com/t5/SDK-Development/Help-with-downgrade/m-p/2261984#M1077 ... And others. If several people want to downgrade, it is obvious there is a reason.

Is that what's causing all these terrible bugs?! It's not even logging steps now. Ridiculous. I'm upset.

Best Answer

My biggest problem was notifications stopping, and the only way to fix was a watch reboot. Over and over again...

I'm all for testing and I can understand occasional bugs, but the latest build is too unstable and should never have been distributed.

Best Answer

@M3tax wrote:

I'm all for testing and I can understand occasional bugs, but the latest build is too unstable and should never have been distributed.

The developer preview was not the "latest build", its entire purpose was to enable developers to build awesome apps and clocks. It wasn't intended to be a general purpose beta firmware, it was regrettable that there wasn't an easy way for people to opt out of the preview until now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit was a bit of a 'misfit' in the beginning, but now it's functioning just fine. 🙂

( i dunno why i even bought it, because i'm not a fitness fanatic!!! )

i think i  just curious as to how many steps i do, and how many 'floors' i've climbed, and just to 

see what my heart rate is at any given time.

One thing this little beauty is showing is my 'sleep' pattern is terrible. 😞

Be patient with this 'newbie'

as for me, intially i was going to put a hammer to it to make me feel better, but after the  second time around it is functioning as it should.

Have a Great Day!

Mick

Best Answer
0 Votes

Haha, so many problems with this **ahem** product. About to return the second one. Bluetooth not working, even though is says paired. Pandora not working, worked for like 3 weeks than nope. This thing isn’t even worth $200 even if it worked properly. Embarrassing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

feeling the same after one week and numberous emails to support.   Not connecting to home wifi, two different routers with the same encrytpion as hotspotting from my phone yet my hotspot works fine to do the multiple factory resets and firmware reinstalls.   im pretty tech savy so am really frustrated that even the notifications are not working even tho everything is set for them to receive.   Been released a little early imho and i have been through a number of fitbit devices over the years and been really satisfied.   Wishing i had not ditched my surge for this.... well not yet anyway! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you want a watch as well of a dev kit, it really sounds like it's best to wait until the production firmware has the developer bridge enabled.

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit wrote:

Fitbit Update 10/25/17: If you'd like to revert from the developer firmware (27.30.3.2) to the production firmware (27.25.16.7), follow the instructions below:

Hello,

I added my email adress to the google form. Get I a notification when I can do the factory reset?

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Old-Sparky wrote:

Get I a notification when I can do the factory reset? 

No, you don't get a notification, but all of the pending requests have been processed, so you can reset now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. Going back to production firmware fixed some problems I had been having with Fitbit Pay. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I put my email in to revert back to the old firmware. I just checked and it says I have version 20.16.23??

Best Answer
0 Votes

All pending requests have been processed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My husband and I are both having problems with our iconics not working correctly.  My Iconic will not receive text/calendar notifications.  Did factory reset and reinstalled/ blue tooth on off/ pair, upaired , etc.  So, I added myself to the revert to previous upgrade. My husbands Iconic will stop syncing all together and he has much less patience then I do with reset and tinkering with the watch to fix the issue . I also added him to the revert to previous firmware.  I hope this solves the issue as I purchased this watch because of it's ability to do text notification and a fitness tracker.  If there is any other suggestions on how to solve our iconics issues, pls let me know

Best Answer
0 Votes
I puty email on revert but still didn’t work. It took hours for the factory reset and then the same to set back up. It then will not pair with Bluetooth when I try to turn notifocations on.

This is a piece of junk and fitbits lack of communication around updates is beyond bad. I will never buy another product from this company. I Haight the ionic two months ago and still does not work

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey There - I'm assuming this is still the correct method to revert firmware.  I've been having sync/notification issues since going beta; everything was fine prior to switching.  I contacted a support agent from Fitbit via chat, and they sent me this link.  I'll wait the required 48 hours and attempt a factory reset.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you wait the 48 hours like it said to?  I'm really hoping you didn't because I really want to get back on the production version firmware.  

Best Answer
0 Votes