Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPO2 Mystery and Watch Face Moment

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello Ionic's,

some info i noted regarding SpO2.
I am looking for apps, watch faces to show SpO2 data for some time...

I am using the watch face called: Moment.
This watch face bottom right shows steps, calories, distance, stairs.
You can cycle through by tapping on the watch.
And,
It shows the heart rate bpm bottom left.
When the Ionic reads data, the heart icon kind of bumps and shows obviously the current heart rate.
Yet, from time to time the icon of the heart changes for whatever reason and other data is displayed.
Sometimes there are two small dots, above the heart icon,
sometimes two dots are below the heart icon.
And then the ionic seems the not show the heart rate, but something else.
My wife owns a professional SpO2 Meter and that data relates to the numbers shown on the Ionic...
Yet, i have not found out why, how and when the icons changes to show SpO2 data ...
I also noticed, sometimes the numbers go above 100, indicating a relative measurement?
To the last one?
This SpO2 is a mad Fitbit Mystery. But looking forward to more/better Infos,
and maybe sometime a nice Watch face which will show SpO2 data, unmystified.

And ... Since updating the Iconic to Version 32.4.19 (OS 2) this morning,
i have not been able to see anything else than the BPM icon. ...

cheers from Hamburg, Germany
Jörn

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Although the Ionic has an Spo2 sensor it is not currently used and applications cannot show any data from it. Fitbit have not yet said when it will become available.

In terms of heart rate data, I believe the different icons you are seeing are showing the heart rate zones:

PEAK ZONE

Peak zone, which means your heart rate is greater than 85% of maximum, is the high-intensity exercise zone. The peak zone is for short intense sessions that improve performance and speed.

User-added image

CARDIO ZONE

Cardio zone, which means your heart rate is 70 to 84% of maximum, is the medium-to-high intensity exercise zone. In this zone, you're pushing yourself but not straining. For most people, this is the exercise zone to target.

User-added image
FAT BURN ZONE

Fat burn zone, which means your heart rate is 50 to 69% of maximum, is the low-to-medium intensity exercise zone and may be a good place to start for those new to exercise. It’s called the fat burn zone because a higher percentage of calories are burned from fat, but the total calorie burn rate is lower.

User-added image
OUT OF ZONE

When you’re out of zone, which means your heart rate is below 50% of maximum, your heart rate may still be elevated but not enough to be considered exercise.

User-added image

taken from: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1565/

Best Answer