Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schwinn AirDyne Exercise Bike

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My exerciser is a 30 year old exercise bike sort of like a spin bike, but also has levers for arm workout.  Similar to a step machine, but sitting instead of standing.  Is there an option that would work best for this exercise?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the forums!

You could use bike mode but you wont get steps. I have and exercise bike and just manually log it to what ever the bike tells me.

I dont know if your shows cals burn etc. though

Check out the discussions boards! A lot going on and I'm sure you have some contributions as well!
Hope to see you around!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the forums!

You could use bike mode but you wont get steps. I have and exercise bike and just manually log it to what ever the bike tells me.

I dont know if your shows cals burn etc. though

Check out the discussions boards! A lot going on and I'm sure you have some contributions as well!
Hope to see you around!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

An Airdyne will register under auto exercise as an Elliptical. At least that's what mine does, I do have a newer model.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you go into settings in the app, you can open the Ionic, open exercise settings, and make sure you have spinning on the list. Then, you can select it when you're on the bike. To be perfectly honest, I don't know if there's really any/much difference between the exercise settings, they are all just heart rate calorie burns.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you on the Community @GoodOldDad. Thanks for mentioning the exercise bike that you're using. Just as @0hwell mentioned, I would log it as elliptical or let the Ionic automatically track it (SmartTrack), this way you will get the summary of your activity. You can learn more about it by checking this article How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device?

Thanks for sharing your advice @WendyB@0hwell and @MakMak

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes