Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen stays black, Ionic frequently unresponsive

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since the latest update, my Fitbit Ionic functions improperly more than it functions properly. A press of the left button does nothing.  Sometimes if I push one of the right-side buttons (usually the bottom, but sometimes the top), it will light up the screen as normal (as the left button is normally supposed to do), and then sometimes I get two quick vibrations with the screen remaining black. What does that even mean?

Earlier today I decided to see if the Fitbit Pay would work even if I couldn't get the screen to light up...I held the left button to activate it, felt the normal single vibration, and the payment went through. All with a completely black screen.

It frequently just crashes outright, too. I try to reset it (pressing left & right bottom buttons for 10 seconds) at least once a day, but it usually does no good. If it does, the Ionic functions properly just for a short amount of time.

Again -- my Fitbit Ionic is not working more than it is. Very frustrating and disappointing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@TexanFlutey Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting tried. 

Sorry to hear that your Ionic isn't working properly. I've shared your post with our Support team and they will continue assisting you through email, please continue the communication with them. 

Regarding your inquiry about the left button function, it should open a the shortcut you chose. You can change this by opening your Ionic's settings app and then tap on "Left Button" option. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes