Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second dead Ionic - this one lasted 6 months.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
In January Fitbit kindly replaced my fitbit ionic, which was unresponsive.

A little over 6 months later, the exact same problem.  Issue:  one evening the battery was down to 0% so I charged it.  when I took it from charger 3 hrs later, logo was shining (locked on), but would not boot.  I did all variations of restarting and resetting:  https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186.htm all resulting in logo appearing, device vibrating, logo showing in cycle.  Eventually a reset resulted in a black screen with no response.  I charged overnight, and  the device is still entirely unresponsive despite all manner of variations, having it on charge or not and pressing combinations of buttons.

Very disappointing because I have been very careful with it.

Any suggestions on what I could do?  Have emailed support @ fitbit several times, no response.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The same exact thing happened to me 2 days ago.. I tried restarting and it went fine for a day. No it is back and its totally not responding. My ionic is stuck on a boot loop.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@TazzaR It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community. I totally understand how you feel about the screen and charging issues that your Fitbit Ionic has experienced. By the way, thank you for trying to get this issue resolved before contacting our forums.

Since the issue persists, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected and our Support team will be happy to follow up and assist you accordingly.

See you around.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you please give me a direct email address to send the details to.

Thanks Juanjo. Rather than directing me to a help page could you please provide me with an email address of someone who can help.

Again, I have tried your support page, I have not had any success.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same exact thing happened to me 2 days ago.. I tried restarting and it went fine for a day. No it is back and its totally not responding. My ionic is stuck on a boot loop.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The amazing thing is that Fitbit took the time to change the title of my post from '2nd dead ionic' to the watered down version you now see.

The extent of actual technical support? Pointing me towards the support page.

Best Answer
0 Votes