Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second defective Ionic!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just initiated the return of my second Ionic for being defective within two weeks of purchase. First one never worked at all and was replaced immediately, this one I had for a couple weeks and has now also died, I cannot get it to turn on at all. After doing all of the steps that tech support walked me through with my first one, I've submitted my return/refund claim and will not be buying another Ionic. Before this one died, it was having the same issue mentioned a lot here where a couple times a day, a notification or two would get stuck and wouldn't clear out until I restarted the watch. That was very annoying.

From what I understand in the community, the notification issue is a known bug, and from my talk with tech support trouble shooting, the watch dying is another known issue. They weren't surprised at all with my first one needing to be replaced.

I'd recommend new buyers wait until Fitbit has worked out the issues with this model before buying it! I'd also recommend that purchasers buy through Fitbit or an authorized retailer, I had bought mine through Amazon and am glad they are authorized because I'm sure the return would be a much bigger nightmare if I had gone through some third party.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

I just got my second replacement of an Ionic in the mail.  Hear ya baby!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m my opinion they send you another defective product on purpose in hopes it will last past your one year warranty.  Then,  you’re forced to buy a new one.  

Best Answer

I have been a fitbit customer for about 6 years.  I first had the Surge, it was great.  Replaced it with the Blaze.  That too was great.  Replaced that with the Ionic in October 2018.

In March 2019 it wouldn't sync and they replaced it.  Three weeks ago it wouldn't sync, and the time wouldn't run properly, it was losing time throughout the day. 

I have been complaining - and asking for a replacement - for the last 3 weeks.  They keep fobbing me off with instructions to switch of bluetooth, switch it back on, unpair the devide, pair it again, and various other combinations of the same thing.  Nothing works.

They have asked for my phone model, operating system, update version numbers. Then they told me it is a sofware issue with the app, and lots of people are affected.  Are they?  I don't know of anyone else who owns the Ionic.

I eventually got it to sync but only after numerous attempts, and by having the fitbit and the phone both on charge at the same time.  One hour later, the time was lagging behind again.  It's ridiculous, I can't even tell the time on it which is outrageous considering the cost 😠

In desperation I looked out my old Blaze, and synced it no problem. So if it's a software issue with the app, why does one model sync and the other doesn't.  I have asked them, they have ignored the question.

I have asked numerous times for a replacement, they just send me another email with sync instructions!

You only find out how good - or otherwise - a company's customer service is when something goes wrong.  Based on my experience, I will never purchase another fitbit product again.

Best Answer

How can I file.a.warranty.claim on my detective ionic?  I can't find any instructions or customer service phone #s in any of the webpages on fitbit.com.  Very frustrated with fitbit.  Hope someone can help me.  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It depends which country you are in, I'm in the UK and initially contacted them through twitter DMs ( @FitbitSupport ), they raised the case from the info I gave after first trying to send links to instructions on how to reset etc but my Ionic was completely dead, there was nothing to be done which I sent them a pic of. A week later an email came offering me either a free replacement or 50% off a new one. I was sent via twitter a link to other contact options on https://myhelp.fitbit.com/ then go to Get Support which gave options for live chat or telephone (0800 069 8505 in UK from 8am - 7pm). I've just received my replacement pebble and am setting it up as I type so we'll see what happens next...! 

Best Answer
0 Votes