Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I sell my surge?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my ionic for almost two weeks now. Should I hang onto my surge, or let it go?

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@primeholy wrote:

I’ve had my ionic for almost two weeks now. Should I hang onto my surge, or let it go?

Sounds like a song, “Should I keep or let it go now, If I keep there will be trouble, if I sell it will be double” Smiley Very Happy

(with apologies to any Clash fans)

Best Answer

CAVEAT:  You may very well regret selling or giving away your old tracker.

If your Ionic too dies, as a lot of them presently are & you have to sit wait out on a replacement to arrive?

21/12/17 new Ionic arrived - it died 5 Jan 18 as 100% unresponsive after self powering down during a workout.

It had done this several times since receipt with it only coming & responding back to life when being put back on to charge as battery is 100% discharging itself in a matter of 2 or 3 hours after each charge.

It was too getting 'uncomfortably hot on the wrist during use' prompting me to remove the device out of the real fear & possibility the battery was going to short out & burn me as it did so - yes it became that hot.

It is shipping back as arranged with support Netherlands for a full refund.

I am truly grateful I did not sell nor give away my Blaze or Surge as I have been able to fall back onto known working trackers that unlike the Ionic that would appear to have been rolled out to retail 'too soon' with more bugs in it than a rain forest...

...look online at reviews for Ionic on likes of Amazon etc., as there are now far more negative than positive words being written starting to show for FitBits latest release.

Ionic was final nail in coffin for me with FitBit.

I am in process researching & looking into moving my fitness tracker to either Garmin Fenix 3 or 5  or Polar M600 or M430 as I'd rather have tried tested reliability 'known working product'  than own a new new product that I feel has been rolled out too soon as I feel the Ionic has been.

So, keep your 'old tracker' until you are 100% certain your Ionic too will not fail on you as mine & too many others have.

Blaze, Surge, Ionic and Versa1. I am not a FitBit employee.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welp, my ionic died Saturday. I do have a new one on the way, and I pulled out my surge for today’s workout 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recommend you keep your surge; in many ways it is superior to the ionic (I compared the two in a post last spring, search for 'runners perspective'.

As others posted, Ionics routinely die and it takes weeks to get a replacement.

In the past few months my Ionic has performed quite nicely. However, now that cold weather has returned I will soon be wearing long sleeves again. Anything brushing against the Ionic's face will pause, stop and otherwise change the run app - or force ionic to lose GPS connection.

The surge, for all its flaws, is much more reliable than the ionic. I keep mine charged all the time, 'just in case'.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have two Surges - my original, which had a bad band, and the replacement I got from Fitbit. I can't give them away. Well, I could, but I won't. Used Surges don't sell for much; about US$30 on eBay.

Best Answer
0 Votes