Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I update Ionic's firmware version?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have had the Ionic since late Fall.  It has worked well with a few minor  glitches fixable with a re-start.  I received notification of a firmware update being available in Dec but held off when read about some clock faces now chewing up the battery and some issues with swiping up not working to display today's stats.  I also use the Ionic in fake "run" mode when hiking to get gps data for geotagging my photos.  That has worked fine too.  I don't want to rock the boat with a firmware update until I hear the bugs were squashed. Appreciate any comments.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's great to see you around @usher99. Thanks for stopping by! 

Whenever there's a new firmware update, we usually create a main thread to gather user's feedback and fix on any issue that you might be experiencing. 

There are some clock faces that might drain your watch's battery because of the features that it will show you. However, if you experience any of this, you can always contact us and we can review it. The same will be if you experience any issue with the display. 

You can update your firmware version to the latest one and then let me know your experience. 

Hope users can jump into this thread and share their experience. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

It's great to see you around @usher99. Thanks for stopping by! 

Whenever there's a new firmware update, we usually create a main thread to gather user's feedback and fix on any issue that you might be experiencing. 

There are some clock faces that might drain your watch's battery because of the features that it will show you. However, if you experience any of this, you can always contact us and we can review it. The same will be if you experience any issue with the display. 

You can update your firmware version to the latest one and then let me know your experience. 

Hope users can jump into this thread and share their experience. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same issue, battery draining the battery in less than 2h and now the device doesn't charge anymore

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi fitbit, I've had the same issues described in these threads, battery draining in less than 2h and now the device doesn't even charge anymore. Can you help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@m_g_t It's nice to see you on the Community. 

Thanks for the details mentioned. In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team and they will continue assisting you. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes