Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep mode reverts to old format. I can't view REM

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently downloaded the new update and ever since there is more frequent Mis interpretation of sleep. the old linear  pattern is shown versus the newer pattern with the different percentages including rim. I really do miss seeing the amount of REM sleep when this old pattern shows up

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Sleep stages require at least 3 hours of sleep and a consistent heart rate. 

@22Catfishman please open the app and bring up one of the sleep records, look below the graph. Does the app tell you why your not seeing the stages? 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Sleep stages require at least 3 hours of sleep and a consistent heart rate. 

@22Catfishman please open the app and bring up one of the sleep records, look below the graph. Does the app tell you why your not seeing the stages? 

Best Answer
Thanks I appreciate that. I overlooked a lot of things and that's one I
overlooked
Best Answer

Where would I find what a consistent heart rate is?  I get good monitoring all through the night but I suspect the variation is too much to be considered consistent.

Best Answer

Hi @BruceM7, nice to see you here, welcome. Smiley Happy

You have a good question there. You can check if your Heart Rate is consistently being tracked on the Fitbit App > Hear rate. You can read information about what impacts your HR here. In case that you want to have more details about Sleep Stages: What should I know about sleep stages?

Let me know if you have more questions about it. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
YAY!
I managed to get the detailed response last night.
I have quite thin wrists and sitting the versa on the hand side of teh
wrist bone seems to have worked. I confirm if this trend continues...
--
Cheers

BM
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your response, I hope you can keep having all your sleep details. Let me know in case you have any other doubt. 

See you around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So it’s been a few weeks since I started to focus on getting consistent
detailed sleep info and I have only succeeded twice in the 14 days.

I have tried different positions as well as snug to very firm tightness.
There does not seem a pattern.

I have tried even making sure my wrist was very clean.

Can anyone tell me if “consistent” means continuous through the night, or
simply regular?

There must be a cause.

Regards

--
Cheers

BM
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you checked the heart rate graph through the night goes he might?

Best Answer
Yep, continuous between 60 & 70bpm.
--
Cheers

BM
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for replying back @BruceM7! You have a really good point there. You've done a great job checking all those details. Heart rate reading varies depending on several factors like movement, temperature, humidity, stress level, physical body position, caffeine intake, and medication. As mentioned here, please review our information and tips for heart rate accuracy here.

If you have any questions, let me know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So it’s been about a month now with my new versa and I have only managed three detailed sleep reports. 

I have tried many variations of tightness and position but no pattern is apparent. All I can think of now is something to improve the contact such as no hair or maybe another band over the watch. 

While the detailed reports involve many assumptions and are really just an indication, so not vital, I’d like the option to ignore it myself . While the other functions give be that option, the sleep monitor does not. I feel it should provide more results than 1 in 10, and if not, be fairly clear why not. 

All a bit disappointing really. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If Fitbit has an idea of why your not seeing sleep stages, there app will give you the reason. It will be under the sleep graph

Best Answer
Hi
It has said all along:
I’m interested in what is deemed a consistent heart rate to give me a clue.
As the heart rate section shows there to be no breaks.
--
Cheers

BM
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit needs consistent heart data because the Fitbit server looks at heart rate variability (HRV). Fitbit needs to see enough of the heart rate data to be able to monitor the time between each heart beat. 

Best Answer

Fitbit needs consistent heart data because the Fitbit server looks at heart rate variability (HRV). Fitbit needs to see enough of the heart rate data to be able to monitor the time between each heart beat. 

Sorry I did not go back and look at your other posts

Best Answer
Interesting stuff. So the more variability, the more “stress” healthy a
person could be.
In the Fitbit scenario, are higher variations taken as “inconsistencies “
and so basic sleep? Or is it simply saying there was a gap somewhere that
was big enough to trip the sleep diagnostic, but not big enough to appear
on the heart rate data screens.
Apart from tightening and trying different locations for the wrist device,
is there anything I can try to get a detailed sleep diagnostic?

Cheers
BruceM
--
Cheers

BM
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @BruceM7, thank you for all the details provided.

It's possible a variation in the heart rate was able to cause the inconsistency you mentioned in the graphs, but it's good to know you've been trying the different suggestions available out there to improve accuracy. Also, take into consideration: 

• If you slept in a position that prevented your tracker from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your tracker higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your tracker to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your tracker’s battery is critically low.

Another thing that I recommend to get more accurate sleep data is switching your heart rate setting to 'On' instead of 'Auto.' If the heart rate setting is set to 'On' your heart rate will always be active. Keep in mind that you need to record heart rate to calculate sleep stages. If you were to turn off heart rate, your sleep logs will go back to the classic style.

In addition, I would also recommend that you update the Fitbit app to the latest version available (iOS and Android).

Keep us posted on the outcome. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes