Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sports bands. What happened to the orange one?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The orange sports band seems to have disappeared from the order page. I asked CS and they didn't know. Anyone have any ideas?

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Dunno either I see in the ads but not as a choice in the online store; I want the bandclip-less black sports band and it is backorder - gives insight how many Ionics are out there! Wow, fitbit has a hit for sure. Looks like only small Cobalt & Limes are left on the shelf.

It is always difficult to determine the most popular SKU's at launch, I'm confident fitbit will have this figured out by the holidays.

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer

I went to order and it's gone, they aren't getting any money from me until it's back, I couldn't order both at the time I ordered my ionic. It took me from he time I first heard about it some months ago to save every penny just to get the ionic. Instead of putting two sizes of uncomfortable bands in the deal, it should have come with our choice of sports band. They sure aren't losing money. Bummed.

Best Answer

I ordered one back in early-September. I've tried to get an answer and get lots of runarounds. The most they'll tell me is to watch the product page where it says there is a 6-8 week backorder. No emails going out to people who have it ordered. Just silence.

I've heard a rumor on another forum that the orange ones were stored down in Houston and got waterlogged. Not sure if it's true, but if it is, I just don't understand why they won't just say that. Keeping silent is not pleasing this new customer.

Best Answer

I contacted support on Twitter - here is the answer I received.

Thanks for reaching out. The Ionic Coral Sports band is no longer available for purchase that's why you're not seeing it in the webstore. We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your understanding on this.

Thanks for getting back. Only a limited number of the Coral Bands were produced and we will no longer be making anymore. Thanks for understanding.

Best Answer

Yet, they still have it as part of their imagery on that page!

Best Answer

I was waiting to get it on black Friday and then I realized there is no more orange band!???? You guys decided to not doing the orange band and try to sell that blue/yellow combo band??? seriously?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@anngvt wrote:

I ordered one back in early-September. I've tried to get an answer and get lots of runarounds. The most they'll tell me is to watch the product page where it says there is a 6-8 week backorder. No emails going out to people who have it ordered. Just silence.

If you preordered the coral sports banned, you should have gotten an email in late October. Or at least I did. It was vague but at least it was something.

"We know how excited you are to receive your Ionic sport band. Unfortunately, getting this band into your hands is taking longer than planned. We now expect your order ********* to ship out by late-November. While this product is no longer available for purchase on fitbit.com, rest assured, your order will still be fulfilled. 

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and are doing everything we can to get your new band to you as soon as possible."

Granted, it is now late-November and I haven't seen anything about it shipping. So we'll see if that e-mail stays true.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ordered an orange band along with the blue band when I ordered my Ionic back in September. I received the same email "stating it's taking longer to get the orange/coral bands.......... it will ship late November. I did in fact receive mine, a large, the last week of November. It's still sitting in the original sealed box as I'm not sure if I'm going to use it or not. I have the silver ionic and this band looks like it was designed for the "orange" colored ionic.

On a side note, I ordered several of these same exact looking bands on Amazon. But there's definitely something to the old saying "you get what you pay for". These Chinese knock offs on Amazon are NOT the same quality, or even close. Beware if you buy the cheap $6.00 - $12.00 look a like bands on Amazon. They're NOT the same quality at all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

0214B115-8660-459F-A7CA-FD881E9BF5A3.jpeg

I bought a white & black silicone strap off Amazon and had lots of compliments. It’s  also much more flexible and soft so way more comfortable to wear than the band it was shipped with! I also have a Milanese Band in Silver which is nice when I’m at work or going out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish the orange band was still available also.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BNSFguy wrote:

I ordered an orange band along with the blue band when I ordered my Ionic back in September. I received the same email "stating it's taking longer to get the orange/coral bands.......... it will ship late November. I did in fact receive mine, a large, the last week of November. It's still sitting in the original sealed box as I'm not sure if I'm going to use it or not. I have the silver ionic and this band looks like it was designed for the "orange" colored ionic.

On a side note, I ordered several of these same exact looking bands on Amazon. But there's definitely something to the old saying "you get what you pay for". These Chinese knock offs on Amazon are NOT the same quality, or even close. Beware if you buy the cheap $6.00 - $12.00 look a like bands on Amazon. They're NOT the same quality at all. 

If you still have it, would you be willing to sell your orange/coral band?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same, I spoke with a seller today who told me to keep looking on the store online in case they will produce new coral bands... I really do not like anyone else and just bought the adidas ionic edition... So disappointed about that orange bracelet, they should at least take it off from the publicity, it is not right to leave it on the pictures for the customers. 

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, I have decided to upgrade to the Ionic model, the orange accessory is still being advertised on the website, but not available for purchase, over almost a year on, I find it unacceptable! The ethical thing to do, would have been to remove all images of this item off both the website and any promotional item.

As a fitbit fan, I have been taunted by the rest of my family, who are Apple afficionados, Next year, I'll give a proper look to iwatches products!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just listed a brand new one, FitBit Orange on Ebay, size Large. I bought it
when they first came out with the FitBit. Took 6 month's to get as they
canceled production on these almost immediately. I paid just over
$40.00 delivered.
It's never been opened. By the time I received it, I had already purchased
several other aftermarket bands and never opened it. Just giving you a
heads-up in case you're interested. Asking $50.00 for it.

Drew

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F153091613788
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just listed a brand new size Large FitBit, impossible to find, "Orange" band if anyone is interested. I purchased it with my Ionic, waited 6 months to finally receive it, as they offered me a refund instead. Apparently they stopped production of these almost immediately upon releasing the Ionic. Here's the listing if anyone is interested.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F153091613788

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! Unfortunately it is a large.... if only it was small...

Mme Aurore SZINI SEBÖ
+36706035232
Budapest - HONGRIE
Best Answer
0 Votes