Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stair climbing?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does the Ionic counts stairs climbed or was that feature eliminated in order to make it water resistant?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

counts flights, has an altimeter built in.

What activity can Ionic track?

Ionic will track all of the following:

• All-day activity (steps, distance, floors climbed, active minutes and calories burned)
  • Heart rate (continuous tracking, real-time heart rate zones, and overall resting heart rate)
  • Runs, rides, and other specific workouts with Multi-Sport
  • Automatic recognition of runs, sports, and aerobic workouts with SmartTrack
  • Swim workouts with lap count, duration and calorie burn 
  • GPS activities (built-in GPS records pace, distance, elevation, split times, and route mapping)
  • Cardio Fitness Score
  • Sleep (total time and sleep stages)

Can I wear Ionic while swimming?

Fitbit Ionic can be worn in the pool up to 50 meters, and will track swim workouts with stats like lap counting, duration and calories burned.

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

counts flights, has an altimeter built in.

What activity can Ionic track?

Ionic will track all of the following:

• All-day activity (steps, distance, floors climbed, active minutes and calories burned)
  • Heart rate (continuous tracking, real-time heart rate zones, and overall resting heart rate)
  • Runs, rides, and other specific workouts with Multi-Sport
  • Automatic recognition of runs, sports, and aerobic workouts with SmartTrack
  • Swim workouts with lap count, duration and calorie burn 
  • GPS activities (built-in GPS records pace, distance, elevation, split times, and route mapping)
  • Cardio Fitness Score
  • Sleep (total time and sleep stages)

Can I wear Ionic while swimming?

Fitbit Ionic can be worn in the pool up to 50 meters, and will track swim workouts with stats like lap counting, duration and calories burned.

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will it track steps a stair climbing machine? The other Fitbit devices don't. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No altimeters measure a change in pressure - takes about 9 feet for a flight.

Will record each step as a step though as long as your tracker arm is swinging freely.

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's a bummer. I was hoping there would have been a change in the technology that would allow them to accurately count steps on a stair climbing machine. Thanks all the same. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ali_baba7 wrote:

That's a bummer. I was hoping there would have been a change in the technology that would allow them to accurately count steps on a stair climbing machine. Thanks all the same. 

I'm not sure a change in technology would work short of using a very large inertial navigation system used in modern military jets and submarines, and even those systems are not 100% accurate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd think it would count the steps as long as your arm is free moving. 

But it won't count " floors" 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wouldn’t the stair climbing machine track this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine doesn't count stairs - and by that I don't  mean its zero or inaccurate - I mean it doesn't even have it listed as a feature and I cant figure out how to add it.  Couldn't find it in the app either.  My blaze had this feature this one just has steps, hours of activity, pulse, etc.  Resets do not help.  How can I load this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What am I missing?  My Iconic does not properly track stairs.  There was no solution provided in the response but rather a rehash of what the Iconic can do.  I live in a two story home with 14 steps and it has recorded very few of the steps I routinely climb every day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mines has stopped counting flights of stairs suddenly it's on the latest firmware too. Worked last Wednesday 4-23-20 the next day till now has not worked even after using assisted gps for a run

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not to my experience, I've tried it many times before. Charge 2 and now the Ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes