Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static when listening to music

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve only had my ionic for a couple of days and the music doesn’t seem to be working well. The music plays with a horrible static sounds and I’m sure it’s not my Bluetooth headphones because i’ve used them with other devices. Has anyone else had this issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hey there @Aliciavr, welcome to the forums! If your music is not playing correctly, please try the suggestions what my friend @SunsetRunner has provided in this post

Let me know if after that you can play your music without inconveniences! Smiley Wink

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I unpaired the earbuds from my phone and only paired them with the Ionic and it worked fine.  I've got a couple of different sets of BT earbuds, I guess I'll just have to dedicate a pair for the Ionic and one for my phone...  Thanks for the help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. When I first turn on the music through my Bluetooth headphones it sounds okay for about 10-15 seconds. Then once I start moving the music has static, broken, and choppy sounds. It’s awful because I also tried it with a Bluetooth speaker and the same thing happens. I am quite disappointed my spendy device “Fitbit ionic” is not capable of clearly playing music. It was the main reason I upgraded so I could listen to music without having to carry my phone. I really hope Fitbit can fix this problem.

Best Answer

Welcome on board @snaomi75, it's nice to see you here! Thanks for troubleshooting the inconvenience you're having when trying to listen to your music. Nice way to go! 

I have seen this before and there is a workaround that has helped other users in the past:

Try using them once again after doing this process, it should be better!

Sounds possibly like a Bluetooth conflict. I'm assuming you’ve got your headphones paired with your phone as well. Try turning off Bluetooth on your phone while listening to music on the Ionic, or any other device the headphones might be paired with.

This just happened to me once. My headphones were paired with my phone as well as my watch. I was running out of the zone for my phone. Not so much an Ionic issue, as the way my headphones handle loosing connection to a device. I've removed the pairing to my phone and now it's all good again. 

Hope this helps, let me know if this works for you too! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Check the version of Bluetooth that your earphones use - mine used v3.0 and had terrible static (worked perfectly with Apple Watch and other devices - just not the Versa). I bought a cheap new pair of earphones that used Bluetooth v4.1 and they work perfectly with my Versa - very clear. Apparently the Versa uses v4.0 and should be backward compatible but maybe it’s not?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem and I was SUPER bummed!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also having a weird problem with my fitbit ionic every time i try to listen to music the audio becomes distorted in a high pitch and i have tried restarting many many times but nothing happens

Best Answer
0 Votes