Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps are not syncing to challenges

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My daily steps are not syncing to challenges only around 80% will transfer over, I have done all latest up dates on app, phone & fitbit.

I have re installed all apps etc 

I have iPhone 8 & ionic

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I have this too. Tried everything. Won’t sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Candice2020, welcome to the Community Forums. @LydfordLady It's nice to see you again participating over here.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for trying some steps before posting. Below you can find the possible reasons for this issue:

1. Your steps have fully synced to our database but you're not viewing the mobile app dashboard in Live Data Mode. (Live data mode would show the word "connected" under your tracker tile). 
  2. You manually logged an activity. Steps from manually logged activities do not count toward challenges; only steps recorded by your tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
  3. You used MobileRun to track GPS data with your app. Only steps recorded by a tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
  4. All challenge participants are not in the same time zone. 

I also recommend waiting 15 minutes after syncing your Fitbit data to see if your challenge updates. For more information, see our information about challenges here.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, i am not manually logging steps and wait longer then 15 minutes. Around 3000 to 6000 steps a day are not going towards challenges. I have only had this issue with ionic. Any more suggestions?

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Your reply is appreciated @Candice2020.

Thanks for the details that were shared with me. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know when was the first time you experienced this issue and how many times since then? In the meantime I receive your answers, please try the following steps and let me know if the issue persists:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Uninstall the app from your mobile device.
  3. Make sure that the iOS version is up to date.
  4. Reboot your mobile device.
  5. Reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. Login using your account credentials.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes