Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps recorded

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I went Fly fishing last week wearing my Ionic.  About half waythrough the day the Ionic said I had logged over 7,000 steps and by the end of the day I had logged 15000 steps. Now on a 16 fooot boat that was impossible so my question is:  Was my fly casting motion being recorded as  steps or what it the balenceing from one foot to the other I was doing standing on the deck that was being interpreted as steps.

Also I note that while my ionic correctly records the length of my bike rides it seems to simultaneously record my riding as steps?

Thoughts?

BJ

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@bjciiimd wrote:

I went Fly fishing last week wearing my Ionic.  About half waythrough the day the Ionic said I had logged over 7,000 steps and by the end of the day I had logged 15000 steps. Now on a 16 fooot boat that was impossible so my question is:  Was my fly casting motion being recorded as  steps or what it the balenceing from one foot to the other I was doing standing on the deck that was being interpreted as steps. Arm movements will count steps so yes casting will cause steps

Also I note that while my ionic correctly records the length of my bike rides it seems to simultaneously record my riding as steps? Are you using the Bike mode when on the bike? When I have done that it never counts steps

Thoughts?

BJ

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes