Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to miles have increased since Saturday. Was ~2500/ mile now 3500 and more for a mile?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Steps to miles have increased since Saturday.  Was ~2500/ mile now 3500 and more for a mile?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Do you know which is more accurate?  Is it the original 2500 steps or the cuttent 3500 steps?

Did you use GPS on walks/runs recently?  Depending on your settings, Fitbit may re-calculate your stride length when you use GPS.

More information here:  https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1135

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hey,

Thanks for your reply,

The 2500 is closer to accurate.  Everything was fine until Saturday.  I have no idea what happened.  I used GPS on 1.18 mile walk last night for 2988 steps.  2532/mile.  I let Ionic set stride automatically and it is set for 25.6 in.  When I calculate stride from miles/step it is coming up about 17.  I have reset, updated app, removed the ionic and reinstalled.  Not sure what else to do.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today I have 4116 steps and 1.2 miles. 3430 steps/ mile.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like the auto calculate is wonky. My suggestion is to manually set the stride length. If you have access to a track with known distance then walk and run that distance and calculate both walking and running stride length and then manually set it on the app or the website options. 

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Super frustrated.  I did a factory reset on Ionic.(08/09)  My stride length is set to 25.6 and my miles are still coming up short.  4460 steps = 1.31 miles  which is 3404 steps per mile.18.6 in stride.  When I use GPS mode and calculate my stride it is the closer to 25.6.  It doesn't seem to matter what I set my stride length to it calculates between 17-19 inches.  Not sure what else to do.  It was working fine until last Saturday.  I don't remember changing any settings.  Any clues?  Anyone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Super frustrated.  I did a factory reset on Ionic.(08/09)  My stride length is set to 25.6 and my miles are still coming up short.  4460 steps = 1.31 miles  which is 3404 steps per mile.18.6 in stride.  When I use GPS mode and calculate my stride it is the closer to 25.6.  It doesn't seem to matter what I set my stride length to it calculates between 17-19 inches.  Not sure what else to do.  It was working fine until last Saturday.  I don't remember changing any settings.  Any clues?  Anyone?

Best Answer
0 Votes