Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion for Bluetooth Headphones

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all, I'm looking for a suggestion as to a good, inexpensive pair of bluetooth headphones to get to use with the Ionic. I recently purchased an Ionic and synced music to it without any major issues aside from it taking a long time.

I attempted to use a pair of 15 dollar bluetooth headphones I bought from Walmart to use with the Ionic. They paired to the Ionic without any issue and the signal seems to be okay. However, the issue I'm having is the quality of the music itself is absolutely dreadful. It's higher pitched than normal (songs sound like Alvin and the Chipmunks) and there is a lot of static.

Here's the dilemma I'm in; I read online about numerous issues with the Ionic's bluetooth. Some people saying that different headphones work better, others saying that no matter what they used or what they did, the quality remained bad. The dilemma is I'm not sure if it's the Ionic or the headphones.

I tried these same 15 dollar Walmart headphones with my Galaxy S8 and they work fine. Sound quality is adequate for headphones of that price. However, as stated before, the quality is TERRIBLE with my Ionic.

I also tried pairing my Ionic with an Altec Lansing bluetooth speaker (Around $40) and the sound quality was great! I even went into another room between a wall and it was fine. It didn't start to cut out until I was 20-30 feet away or so. Everything sounded fine and normal.

So, this is a tricky situation because I don't know if it's the chicken (the Ionic) or the egg (the headphones). I'm leaning towards it being the headphones, due to the fact that the Ionic worked great with my Altec Lansing speaker and from what I've read on the forums, headphones have kind of been hit or miss with which ones work and which don't.

Long story short, I'm looking for some input on this issue. Should I try using a different pair of headphones? I heard the Fitbit Flyer headphones work fine but I don't really want to drop that kind of money on them. I appreciate any input you guys may have!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I bought a $20 set of no-name earbuds from Amazon that sound great (to my old ears).  I don't think they carry that specific brand any more, but it looked like a Chinese made that sold same thing under several different brand names.  A couple of times they got very staticy, but I powered them off and back on and that fixed it.

First suggestion, simple but probably not the solution:  When get bad sound, try just power headphones off and then back on.

So I would lean toward the problem being that specific headphone.  Do you have anything else you can try them with - how about pairing with your phone?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

I did pair them with my phone, a Galaxy S8. The sound was fine, clear, not high pitched, about as good as you'd expect from a cheap pair of headphones.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dominos9189 wrote:

I did pair them with my phone, a Galaxy S8. The sound was fine, clear, not high pitched, about as good as you'd expect from a cheap pair of headphones.

You said that already. Sorry.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer