Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supporting more Calendar apps (Android) (Outlook Calendar)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Are other calendars eventually going to be supported? Right now my primary calendar is Outlook but I can't select it as a calendar for notifications. What enables apps to show up as available calendars for the ionic notifications?

Edit for device info:

Google Pixel - Android 8.0.0

Fitbit Ionic

Google Pixel with Android 8, Fitbit Ionic
Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

You don’t say what phone you’re using but, for iOS, I believe only the built-in Apple calendar app is useable in this way.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I clarified the device as Android 8.0.0 Google Pixel. Seems to be the same on Android as iOS with only native supported but I'm holding out hope for more supported apps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Ionic will receive app notifications, so if your calendar is able to send notifications it should work. I’m saying that because I use Outlook on my iPhone and get mail and calendar notifications from that, having turned turned off the main notifications (else they came twice).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. Looking at the very large number of people using Outlook calendar, this one definitely needs to be supported on Fitbit devices

Best Answer

@Ron83 wrote:

I agree. Looking at the very large number of people using Outlook calendar, this one definitely needs to be supported on Fitbit devices

It is

FDF24D30-2614-4F92-B5C6-F1D34AD82B02.jpeg

Best Answer

TypeApp works great as well for email any android users using Gmail, POP/IMAP/Yahoo and a load of other providers don't know what they are missing. Esp good for multiple accounts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

TypeApp works great as well for email any android users using Gmail, POP/IMAP/Yahoo and a load of other providers don't know what they are missing. Esp good for multiple accounts.

I like typeapp and would like to use it, but in my case it sends duplicate notifications. Phone Honor 8 and Android 7.0. Outlook works great with notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can add Outlook notifications to show on your Ionic. Just go into the Notifications settings, then select App Notifications, and from there you can "manage app notifications" for other applications. Then you will see all Outlook notifications. The problem is that Outlook is not recognized, at least on Android, as a "calendar" app. It's not a stand alone calendar, rather it's the Outlook program in app form for your phone.

Best Answer

I have tried using the notifications from outlook on the ionic but when it just forwards the notifications it is very broken. See my other question:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Outlook-notifications-badly-broken-on-Ionic-Outlook-calendar-n...

It seems a shame that only the native calendar app would be supported on this device, hopefully something can be done to improve support.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I like typeapp and would like to use it, but in my case it sends duplicate notifications. Phone Honor 8 and Android 7.0. Outlook works great with notifications.

The only reason it would send out dupe notifications is if you have another app receiving email and sending out notifications, or you've set up the same account twice. Or there was an old bug that since has been resolved. I've used it for two years I haven't seen this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you add the my calendar app on the fitbit and then log in to your email w the desired calendar? Try that, that worked for me and I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 and also use outlook as my main calendar. Hope it helps, have a wonderful day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you add the "my calendar app" to your Fitbit?  As I am not a "techie", but I am a quick study, please respond in 2nd grade layman terms. 😄😄

Best Answer
0 Votes

It looks like it's been a year and outlook calendars are not yet supported. Can some moderator update if this is in the road map? 

Best Answer