Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swim therapy wont log movment

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I take swim therapy 3 days a week for 1 hour. During that hour Im walking back and forth across the pool jogging back and forth and streching. I move my arms as if I were on the ground. I have tried normal mode it might give me credit for 20 steps the whole hour! In swim mode I get nothing. 

Is there a setting I need to have so this this works in water? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It works in water just the way it is. But is doesnt recognise what you are doing. When you walk in water there is no real footfall vibration and your arm movents are different to 'normal' walking arm swings, so Smart track cant recognise what you are doing. What you can do with the Ionic, though is start 'Workout' mode as you start the activity and stop it at the end. The ionic will then track your workout and calorie burn. After the activity, on the app, you can change the name if you want to, to  water aerobics or whatever best describes what you do. Come back if you have further questions.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

It works in water just the way it is. But is doesnt recognise what you are doing. When you walk in water there is no real footfall vibration and your arm movents are different to 'normal' walking arm swings, so Smart track cant recognise what you are doing. What you can do with the Ionic, though is start 'Workout' mode as you start the activity and stop it at the end. The ionic will then track your workout and calorie burn. After the activity, on the app, you can change the name if you want to, to  water aerobics or whatever best describes what you do. Come back if you have further questions.

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thank You for the tip I will try that. While I was waiting for a response on here  I made a pouch and attached it to my ankle that seems to help alot as long as I powerfully move my foot. I hope your idea is even more accurate. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That makes sense if you use the walk mode. But why won't it work in swim mode? I have the same issue.  I walk a few laps at the end of my swim and it doesn't give me any distance credit.  I'm still going back and forth  and moving my arms. Any thoughts that may help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Walking in the water is not swimming. The movements you are making walking are outside the parameters it uses to recognise swim, so it cant recognise it as swim. It is too short to be recognised as a walk, and as your walking movements are different in water to what they are on land it probably wouldnt know what you are doing. It may or may not pick up the steps - not sure on that.

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes