Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swimming - Prompted for PIN

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every time I go swimming my watch asks me to put in the pin number over and over. 
I use the wallet so I have to have that enabled. 

Is anyone aware of a fix or work around for this? 

Also, it locked me out when on a cruise and no access to the app/internet. So my watch was only good for keeping time for almost a week. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

From Support:
"Moving forward, we want to let you know that is expected if the Fitbit ask for the PIN code while swimming, since the water density cause this behavior on the screen. In order to avoid this to happen, we suggest you to use exercise mode to track the swimming activity. This way, the screen won't be affected by the water density and it won't ask to put the PIN code.

Please let us know if you have any questions, and we'll be more than glad to assist you. "

I guess my options are to turn it off and re-setup my wallet or track a workout and then delete it later.

Have not been in the pool to test the "use pin with wallet only" setting as of yet. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

It's great to see you around @pohlcat01. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

It's pretty weird that your Ionic is asking you to enter the PIN code while you're swimming. Sorry to hear that it locked you out when you were in that cruise. 

In this case, I would like you to restart your watch and then you can change the PIN code setting to one of the following options: 

• Enabled: Each time you put your device on your wrist.
  • Enabled for Fitbit Pay: First time you make a payment after your put your device back on your wrist. 

Let me know how it goes. I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can see how this is a work around. But, I like having the pass code on there if I take it off. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @pohlcat01. You shouldn't be entering the PIN code when you're swimming. In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team, they will continue assisting you. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

From Support:
"Moving forward, we want to let you know that is expected if the Fitbit ask for the PIN code while swimming, since the water density cause this behavior on the screen. In order to avoid this to happen, we suggest you to use exercise mode to track the swimming activity. This way, the screen won't be affected by the water density and it won't ask to put the PIN code.

Please let us know if you have any questions, and we'll be more than glad to assist you. "

I guess my options are to turn it off and re-setup my wallet or track a workout and then delete it later.

Have not been in the pool to test the "use pin with wallet only" setting as of yet. 

Best Answer

Thank you for getting back @pohlcat01. Sorry for the delayed reply.

I appreciate that you shared the solution that you got from our Support team, this can help others who might experience the same. Robot Happy

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes