Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swimming broke my Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I left my ionic on for the first time when I went swimming, now the watch is dead. It won't charge, or hard reset. I even tried the rice trick to dry it out.This unit is just over 2 years old and it's a replacement for the original when the display came loose from the chassis. Am I screwed?

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Mine did the exact same thing this weekend and it's about the same age as yours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s good to see you in the community, @SunsetRunner. Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @ndirishslm.

@SunsetRunner Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I understand how you are feeling and recommend confirming our complete troubleshooting tips in Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

@ndirishslm I am sorry that you are going through the same situation. I was able to see that you have already an open case with our Support team. They'll get in touch with you soon to help you. You can also contact them via chat or phone for faster resolution. Click here to get connected. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to mine and I am on my 4th ionic fit bit, which is not cheap. They only thing Fitbit offered to do was give me a 25% off on a new purchase. My husband has gone through the same thing with his. These people do not back there product unfortunately 😔

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is about the same age and took mine swimming for the first time , it is now dead !! No screen and won’t charge bit disappointed as there are meant to be waterproof to 50 m ! And cost me over £200 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Aprwaz @Newmski.

@Aprwaz Thank you for joining the thread and sharing your experience. I understand how you are feeling about this situation. I am sure our Support team tried their best to help you, each case is reviewed individually and a solution that's being provided is based on the Fitbit Warranty. I appreciate your understanding and hope to keep you in the Fitbit family.

@Newmski I am sorry that you are going through the same situation. I understand how you are feeling and recommend following our troubleshooting instructions in Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging? 

Hope this gets you back on track. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am really disappointed, if the unit isn't able to go in the water, they
shouldn't advertise that it is.

This is my second Ionic in three years, I like everything that it does, but
I won't spend another dime on anything Fitbit has, if the products are
unreliable.

--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @SunsetRunner.

I understand how you are feeling about this situation and appreciate your feedback. I was able to see that you have already contacted our Support team regarding this. I am sure they tried their best to help you, each case is reviewed individually and a solution that's being provided is based on the Fitbit Warranty. I appreciate your understanding and hope you could give Fitbit another opportunity in the future. 

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is sad. I love the functions of the Ionic, but if you advertise that you can swim with it, but then the watch craps out because you went swimming with it, Fitbit should do something more than just point to the warranty. I wanted a direct answer from Fitbit stating that Fitbit will not do anything for me.

Since this product went bad twice with in three years, I would not buy any of your products again. I am frustrated and disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes