Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Microsoft Band 2 I miss the smart alert

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently switched to the Ionic from the Microsoft Band 2. Everything is fine so far. The only important feature I miss is the smart alert.

Let me explain what it does: you set an alert when activating your "sleep" function. It will then watch your pulse and movement and wake you up up to half an hour before the configured time. This helps with not feeling groggy in the morning, when the usual alert drags your right out of your good sleep phase.

I know the Ionic has no ability to active sleep tracking because it does this automatically. Though it would still be awesome if such a feature would be added so the alert app on the watch does not wake you up abruptly.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ah, actually I wanted to make a feature request, but plenty of people already voted for it ... https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Smart-Alarms-that-wake-you-more-naturally/idi-p/...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

Ah, actually I wanted to make a feature request, but plenty of people already voted for it ... https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Smart-Alarms-that-wake-you-more-naturally/idi-p/...

Best Answer

Wow that's the number one feature request and has been there since 2013!

I was looking at the top feature requests. Fitbit would be a way better app if it implemented every open request that it has over 1000 votes. It's not a huge amount either.

If it did that, fixed bugs and fixed existing data entry everywhere (add/delete/edit for any date) , and improved file format support it would be excellent.

Best Answer
0 Votes

God I miss my Band 2 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@gibbyhome, but I bet you don't miss the battery life compared to the Ionic!  My Microsoft Band 2 could not cope with a 5 hour hike with the GPS turned on.  My Fitbit does it like a champ!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is true, I don't know how this can do that, the battery is crazy.. even the apple watch can't go 2days on a charge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, amazing, isn't it?  I keep checking, and thinking, surely you must need charge, and yet the Ionic just keeps going.  I did an all day hike the other day, with GPS on, of course, and still had plenty of battery the next day.  Without GPS it goes and goes.

The battery life was why I gave up the Microsoft Band 2 (even though I am a Windows Phone user).  The Fitbit Ionic really seems to have this sorted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Speaking of the battery, does the correct battery level show in the app?  Mine always shows "Battery Full" although the battery is actually under 80%...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jkimrey wrote:

Speaking of the battery, does the correct battery level show in the app?  Mine always shows "Battery Full" although the battery is actually under 80%...

Nope that's bugged.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jkimrey, the app will only give you a rough guide to the battery: full, medium, low or critical.

I am not sure on the exact borders of these ranges, but I would have thought that at a little under 80% it would be reported as "full".  I am guessing that you probably have to go below 70% to get to "medium".

You can get a more exact view of the battery on the Ionic itself.

Best Answer
0 Votes

from the clock face if you swipe to the left you should see the actual battery level

Best Answer

@Julia_G wrote:

@jkimrey, the app will only give you a rough guide to the battery: full, medium, low or critical.

I am not sure on the exact borders of these ranges, but I would have thought that at a little under 80% it would be reported as "full".  I am guessing that you probably have to go below 70% to get to "medium".

You can get a more exact view of the battery on the Ionic itself.

Imho there is no rough guide to

"full", full is full, and it says it's full it's actually medium.

Like I say. Bugged.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@gibbyhome, exactly!  You will get a clear percentage view of the battery level on the device itself.

On the app you will get a battery range -- "full" will be above some percent (I am guessing about 75, but I haven't tested this) "medium" will be something like 45 - 75 (again a guestimate based on a couple of years Fitbit use); "low" below 45% and "critical" probably below 15%.  

Since I try to follow best practice, which is to keep your Lithium ion batteries between 30-80 % for best battery life, I have not tested these numbers.

As I said above, the app will simply give you a "rough guide".  Since you can get accurate info on your wrist, I must respectfully disagree with @SunsetRunner.  This is not a bug.  It is simply a back up reminder for when it is okay to push your Fitbit a little further ir when it is time to take it off and give it a charge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Julia_G wrote:

@gibbyhome, exactly!  You will get a clear percentage view of the battery level on the device itself.

On the app you will get a battery range -- "full" will be above some percent (I am guessing about 75, but I haven't tested this) "medium" will be something like 45 - 75 (again a guestimate based on a couple of years Fitbit use); "low" below 45% and "critical" probably below 15%.  

Since I try to follow best practice, which is to keep your Lithium ion batteries between 30-80 % for best battery life, I have not tested these numbers.

As I said above, the app will simply give you a "rough guide".  Since you can get accurate info on your wrist, I must respectfully disagree with @SunsetRunner.  This is not a bug.  It is simply a back up reminder for when it is okay to push your Fitbit a little further ir when it is time to take it off and give it a charge.

Lol. "Full" cannot mean anything less than 100% simply by definition. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to report full as any less than 100%. Charging is also intelligent this "best practice" thing you are on about is irrelevant.

And it's a really annoying bug. When charging the Ionic I want to know when it's fully charged or not when looking at my phone. The watch of course is not on my wrist when charging and may be in the next room.

Regardless there is absolutely no reason not to display what the exact battery percentage from the watch is the last time it sync'd. Even more useful would be to give an ETA for full charge like most phones do nowadays.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner, if you have set up alerts, when your Fitbit is charging you will get a message as soon as your Ionic has reached 100 % and you can stop charging and put it back on.

Once it is on your wrist, you don't need your phone.  It will tell you the exact percentage.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Julia_G wrote:

@SunsetRunner, if you have set up alerts, when your Fitbit is charging you will get a message as soon as your Ionic has reached 100 % and you can stop charging and put it back on.

Once it is on your wrist, you don't need your phone.  It will tell you the exact percentage.

Thanks for letting me know I can read the display of my watch that's really useful Smiley Frustrated

So as I said the watch is off my arm in the other room when charging. So I can set an alert telling me when battery is 100%? Really? .. how? I shouldn't need to tell you that an alert being displayed on the watch is useless in this scenario.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, @SunsetRunner, I don't get your problem.

What are you looking for?

Your watch will give you battery percentage at all times when you are wearing it.

Your app will give you charging state when you are charging, or approximate state when you are neither charging nor wearing.

So if you know generally what's up when you are wearing and specifically when you when you are not wearing, what are you missing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@Julia_G wrote:

Thanks for letting me know I can read the display of my watch that's really useful Smiley Frustrated

So as I said the watch is off my arm in the other room when charging. So I can set an alert telling me when battery is 100%? Really? .. how? I shouldn't need to tell you that an alert being displayed on the watch is useless in this scenario.

^^^

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understood that your complaint was that the app did not tell you when your Fitbit was 100% charged.

What I am telling you is that it will.  The alert will be on your phone/tablet/computer

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Julia_G wrote:

I understood that your complaint was that the app did not tell you when your Fitbit was 100% charged.

What I am telling you is that it will.  The alert will be on your phone/tablet/computer

We are going round in circles.

App says Ionic is fully charged when it often isn't .. can be 80% plus when it says this. Tested on Android. THIS IS A  REPRODUCED BUG.

You also said a message/alert is shown when Ionic is 100% charged. Third time I'm asking you now how and where? I see no such thing. Perhaps show me a screenshot.

I've never seen fitting app give alerts except.

on the watch or when it is time to go to bed.

Best Answer
0 Votes