Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Issues with OnePlus 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am getting a little fed up at the moment... when you THINK you have a solution, you close the ticket and instead of being able to add.. we have to start a new one!!

Well I have just bought and Ionic and am linking it to an android phone (oneplus3) but the sync and update is incredibly unreliable and often requires me to turn off my bluetooth and turn it back on to re-connect. 

I am new to fitbit and and not encouraged by my first impressions!!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

Hey there @DaveG1b, welcome to the Fitbit Community! I'm so sorry to hear  about the inconveniences you've been having with your tracker and our customer support. We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

The reason why your tracker is not syncing with your OnePlus3 is due to this device is not compatible with the Fitbit app

This means that our Android team has not yet tested it for compatibility and added it to the list what means that we don't have a estimated date on when it will be added. If the device supports BLE (AKA Bluetooth 4.0), I recommend giving the setup flow a try to see if you can successfully connect your tracker. 

If setup does not work, I recommend setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a Windows 10/Mac computer with integrated Bluetooth 4.0 running the Fitbit Software. Our Android team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates!

My sister owns a Huawei which is not yet a supported device, but she has tried the following (which I think won't hurt if you try that as well):

1. Your phone must not be set to "visible for other devices"
2. Your phone must not be "searching for other devices"

If either of these two things are active, the Fitbit cannot connect.

In other words, you have to set it to invisible, and you have to click the stop button if it is searching for devices. So, Bluetooth should be on, but not doing anything at all in the Bluetooth menu. Then force quit the Fitbit app and it'll sync. At least it has done with my sister's phone for over a month or so.

If you're able to connect your phone to your tracker but you keep having syncing issues, keep in mind that this will be due to the incompatibility of the phone. What means that the functionalities have a chance to work if you try some troubleshooting steps, I'd suggest following these steps:

1. Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit App.
  2. Turn off the Bluetooth, WiFi or mobile data and phone.
  3. Once the previous steps are done, restart your Fitbit.
  4. Turn the phone, Bluetooth and Internet connection back on and try to sync again.

If the previous steps does not work, you can also try the syncing process with a different mobile device or use the computer by downloading the Fitbit Connect software as I've suggested before. 

Give this a shot and let me know how it goes! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I have also just brought an ionic and can't get it to work with my oneplus 3 my previous charge HR worked fine.

Is it going to be added to the approved list at all?

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums @Rachiepies, thanks for jumping in here! Woman Very Happy We don't have a date on when this mobile device will be added to our list. However, I would recommend following the suggestions I've posted here to see if you can successfully connect your new Ionic to your One Plus 3 (I think it won't hurt the try).

I'll be around if you need anything, it's always a pleasure! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Same issue with oneplus 3 except im trying to get my versa to work 

Best Answer

@SwobodaN Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for your interest in setting up Fitbit devices with a OnePlus 3.

As you may already know, the root cause of this is that the OnePlus3 phone is not a supported device. This is the reason why you experience this. 

If you already tried the set up troubleshooting steps and still nothing the best thing to do will be to set it up using a supported device or a computer. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

One Plus is selling like hot cakes in India and pretty soon shall be the top seller...I bought fitbit charge 2 unaware of the compatibility stuff...guess was a mistake...fitbit needs to do efforts in getting this brand incorporated in their offerings!!

Best Answer
Hi @Ashish49, welcome to the community! 

The developer team is aware of the need to add new devices to the list of compatible devices. There are some users who can synchronize with non-compatible devices. If your phone meets the requirement of Minimum Supported OS (Android 4.4 KitKat), you can try the tips on this helpful article.

Note that we don't guarantee that the synchronization would be will be successful as we are still testing on this phone model.  

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's a same issue I m facing with my new bought Ionic.. Bluetooth sync issue with my one plus 3t .. Every time I need manually disable the Bluetooth of my phone and than it get sync... It's been a long time.. You ppl are giving compatibility excuse.. Plz do resolve the same 

Expecting a positive response from you guys.. 

Mayukh 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mayukh Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for sharing the experience you have had with Ionic syncing with OnePlus 3T.

Fitbit is still testing on this phone model. Please try the steps on my post above in the meantime. Stay tuned for updates to the compatibility list

See you around! Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @DaveG1b, Im using OnePlus 3 too. I found a work around here in the forum. You need to go to Settings > Battery > Battery Optimzation. Find Fitbit app and choose "Dont optimize" on the prompted window. So far its working for me. 

Ionic 27.32.10.20 | OnePlus 3 (Android 8.0.0)
Best Answer

This was over a year ago.  Any update?  The one Plus phones from One Plus 3 and upwards are quite popular and it's about time Fitbit got their act together.   Have had my One Plus 3T for over 3 years.   It seems I go for a few months when everything is fine, and then suddenly it will not synch for months and then later on it does again.   Currently, it won't even synch with Fitbit on my computer.   For this reason I will have to say goodbye to Fitbit in the near future.   Come on guys...   stay up to date with current phones!

Best Answer

Changing This settings worked for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry for the ate reply - i got a device now and faced same issues - but managed to sort out things 
So fitbit has a lot of unknowns which even fitbit developers are not clear of ( the core ones might know )
so .. Fitbit Bluetooth connection which says classic is the one which allows music control on most of their watches .
so go to settings >blue tooth >it will have option restore music controls click on it - the options change to pair off and ON . keep on Pair > now on the one plus phone - search and pair  ionic classic .
its done now you can control music 

Best Answer
0 Votes

*late reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

+ after you pair - you have to set it to ON state 
go back to Music app on watch -  play a audio using any app on phone - you can see the controls in the watch music app . this worked for me - not sure how useful would be for any one . but fit bit got to develop  more better apps and UI 's 

Best Answer
0 Votes

+ after you pair - you have to set it to ON state 
go back to Music app on watch -  play a audio using any app on phone - you can see the controls in the watch music app . this worked for me - not sure how useful would be for any one . but fit bit got to develop  more better apps and User interfaces 's 

Best Answer
0 Votes