Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing with the Sony Xperia XZ Premium

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Dear all,

why is Fitbit still not able to sync with the above mentioned device? Because of this problem, the weather is not updating and also my installed Philips Hue app does not work. Both are very, very, annoying, to say the least. When will you finally solve that problem, cause the XZ Premium is already a while ago released? It does not only sync these apps with my Cellular, but also not with my laptop!! Pretty irritating. On my cellular it syncs only once and thereafter not anymore, saying: "cannot find the tracker"

kuzibri

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Fitbit family! I was checking the list of supported devices and that one is still not listed there. I think this is the main situation as to why not all of the features are working. Do you happen to have another platform (supported) you can use in the meanwhile to sync and use those apps?

Also, what kind of laptop do you have? Please check this helpful article for syncing troubleshooting steps. That should certainly help you out!

Additionally, check this other article for more details on syncing.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Hi SantiFitbit,

Problem with syncing solved, thanks to the article about syncing problems. Turned Bluetooth off on my laptop temporarily and now the Ionic is syncing with the Sony Xperia XZ Premium and weather and Hue lights are working on the Ionic. Turning Bluetooth on again on the Laptop now makes no difference anymore, until I stop the Fitbit app on the Smartphone. Then weather and Hue are not functioning anymore, so I let the Fitbit app always on now.

P.S. I installed Fitbit on my Samsung Galaxy TAB S3 tablet and now everything is working like a charm and very fast. No problems at all anymore, except that Hue only works after having synced with the Fitbit app, but that is no problem at all. As a result of this, I deleted the Fitbit app from my Laptop and Sony Xperia XZ Premium and all is still working fine!! 

Many thanks and kind regards, kuzibri

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Thanks for your reply and for sharing your experience! I'm very glad to hear that the syncing article helped you out with this and that you are back on track.

I also have an unsupported device (Moto G4) and also figured out how to sync it with my Ionic. This is great! I'm sure other Sony Xperia XZ users will be interested and happy to check this out.

Now that everything is working properly, you can participate in challenges! If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on those, check this thread to add some! 

Thanks again for sharing, see you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Hi, I applied to be add to the challenges forum, with the especially task to help people with syncing their Ionic with "unsupported" devices,

kindest regards, kuzibri

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Thanks for sharing your experience with the Fitbit Community! That is awesome, I'm sure other users will find this helpful. Thanks for helping them out, that's very kind! Smiley Very Happy

Also, have you checked the Feature Suggestions Board? If you have any ideas for future features you would like to see on your Fitbit device this is the best place for asking. Feel free to search for existing feature suggestions or add you own original one!

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SantiR, thanks for the compliments and very glad to be of help Smiley Wink.  Will check the suggestions thread,

kindest regards, kuzibri

Best Answer

Hi @SantiR,

already posted a new suggestion on the Feature Suggestions board. I'ts regarding optimizing the Hue Lights app with Sliders to adjust the light volume.

kindest regards, kuzibri

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner I hope you're doing well! Thanks for posting that suggestion! I already voted for your idea. Hopefully, more users will vote for it.

There is also another thing you can do with this. Try the Contact the Developer option and check what option it gives. To do this just open the app in the Fitbit App Gallery and you’ll find their contact details under ‘app details’ or ‘clock face details’. 

Best Answer

Tried it the way you suggested, but it does not work. Clicked "Contact the Developer", but all I got was general information about third party apps,

kindest regards, kuzibri

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Thanks for your reply! Just realized that the Hue Lights App was developed by Fitbit. So yes, the best way to get the feedback for improvements is the Feature Suggestions Board, as you already did.

Now, let's just wait to see what happens with it. By always aware of the updates. Usually, your Ionic will update apps automatically when it is plugged to the charging cable and in range of your Wi-Fi network.

However, you can always check manually:

1. With your watch nearby, on the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap or click Apps.
  3. In the list of apps installed on your watch, find the app you want to check. You may have to scroll down to see some apps. Tap or click the name of the app.
  4. If the app has a pending update, there is a pink Update button next to its name. Click it to update the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks my dear friend,

I already thought that Hue Lights was a FiBit app. Many thanks for all the information,

kindest regards, kuzibri

Best Answer

Version 2.64 App on my Sony Xperia XP is working perfectly for me except for the odd error messages mentioned in my post on Android which don't affect me..

I have only ever had the odd syncing issue and only ever restarted the Ionic. Maybe turning my phone off at night and then turning it on in the morning clears the cobwebs..

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes