Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible battery life following iOS 3.0 update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated my Ionic to iOS 3.0 on Monday this week (it is now Wednesday). Prior to the update my Ionic usually lasted 4-5 (yes, 5!!) days between charges. Following the update the darn thing lasts barely 12 hours. I didn’t make any adjustments (no new apps, nothing) other than the 3.0 upgrade. This is ticking me off bc 4-5 days vs 12 hours is a huuuuuuuuge difference. 

Anyone else experiencing issues and what did you do? My Ionic is exactly one year old as I received for Christmas last year (2017). 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Do you get a lot of notifications? With the change in the recent update the Ionic (and Versa) now light up the screen for each notification. I have heard reports of this draining the battery really quickly. I dont notice it as I dont get many notifications.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

That could be it. I get notifications for texts, emails and calls—no change from before—but if the new update made the screen brighter than certainly would play into it. Grrr. What a silly update. Thanks for the insight!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I agree it is a total waste of precious battery power. I hope they revert it.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Same issue here started Saturday. No changes to any settings and also purchased in December 2017. Called CS and was told out of warranty and they could only offer me 40% off a new one. Currently working through the BBB to hopefully get a better resolution. 

Best Answer
0 Votes