Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Fitbit ionic and the jaybird freedom don't pair like other headphones

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Well I'm extremely disappointed that there are so many pairing complications when it comes to the ionic, I've Been trying for about 2 hours to pair these 2 devices to no avail which is really frustrating when these are the only wireless earphones I have and my plans were to use both products during my workout routines and I have tried putting both in pairing mode and clicking the search for New device option on the ionic only to be told that it couldn't find anything and when I pair it to my phone Its works perfectly so if anyone else has both of these and knows how to pair them please let me know.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I finally found out how to do it! First I had to turn off my phones Bluetooth completely then restart the ionic and turn off the Jaybirds then search for a a new device on the ionic and immediately turn the Jay birds on and right after activate pairing mode on the jaybirds and the option to pair with the Jay birds pops up on the ionic, so that's how you pair the two albeit complicated but successful.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

@Skribb Welcome to the Fitbit family! I've seen this before with the Jaybird headphones. What has helped other users is performing a restart on the Ionic. Please try this out and then try to pair the headphones once again. 

Fitbit is aware of this and working towards a resolution.

Try that out and let me know how it goes! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Well I tried it twice but It didn't work I'm going to check if the pairing problem Is  on Jay birds side of thing's and I'm going to try doing the factory reset which isnt too much of a problem since Ive only had the ionic for a couple days and don't have a lot of information stored but please get back to me if you come up with another solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After factory reseting my ionic I am still having the same problem so I'm not sure what to do now so if anyone's got a solution I'm all ears.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Skribb Thanks for your reply and for trying those steps. I'm sure Fitbit will come out with a resolution for this very soon. I will update you once I hear any updates or if I find any alternative solutions for you. Hopefully, any user that had any experiences with this will reply as well.

I saw that someone figured that his headphones had this "pairing mode" and was able to pair it by doing that, not sure if your Jaybird have something like this! 

Thanks for your patience. Keep me posted! 

Best Answer

I finally found out how to do it! First I had to turn off my phones Bluetooth completely then restart the ionic and turn off the Jaybirds then search for a a new device on the ionic and immediately turn the Jay birds on and right after activate pairing mode on the jaybirds and the option to pair with the Jay birds pops up on the ionic, so that's how you pair the two albeit complicated but successful.

Best Answer

@Skribb Thanks for your reply! That is awesome! I'm very glad to hear that you found a way to get them paired! I'm really sure that this will help other users as well. Thanks for sharing your experience and solution with us.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Hey SantiFitbit, is there any news about the pairing problem? I just bought some new Jaybird freedom ear buds and I just don’t get them to pair. I’ve tried Skribb’s adviseren several times without any succes. Thx in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mountainman3300 Welcome to the Fitbit family! The only information I have is what I've seen on the forums! There are more users able to pair them each time, which is a good sign!

By any chance, do you have your Jaybirds paired to another device (like your phone)? If yes, please unpair them from your phone and then try to pair them with the Ionic.

Remember to always activate pairing mode on your headphones, which is something I have seen that users are missing and once that have done that, they get paired! 

Also, perform a restart on you Ionic when doing this.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Here's what I had to do to pair my JBird wireless headphones:

1.  Restart Ionic

2.  Power down JBirds

3.  Go to Ionic Settings and select pair at the bottom

4.  Touch "+New Device" on Ionic

5.  Hold down center burron and tell you Hear "Pairing your Headphones"

This is called Multipoint....details are in the JBird App for iOS and Android.  

Good Luck.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

@htom1021 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! That is an awesome workaround, thanks for sharing it on this thread. I'm sure this will definitely help other JBird users who might be experiencing the same situation.

Keen to hear other users experience after trying that workaround. It should be useful for sure! Smiley Happy

Additionally, have you checked the Feature Suggestions Board? If you have any ideas for future features you would like to see on your Fitbit device, this is the best place for asking. Feel free to search for existing feature suggestions or add you own original one!

Thanks again for sharing this. See you around! 

Best Answer

Thank you! This also worked with the Versa and Jaybird Freedom headphones. I've not had too much luck with Jaybird headphones, so will look into the fitbit ones if this Versa continues to be great. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!  It worked! Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KPWALL Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for trying those steps and for confirming they helped you out. 

I'm sure this will help other users who might be experiencing the same too.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

This is it right here! Change to pair under bluetooth settings on the Ionic. Make sure Jays are completely off. Hold the middle button a bit longer than usual and it will pop up!!! Thanks htom

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no solution :. I have been wearing my watch on my left wrist for 40 years now I am suppose to wear it on my right side, seriously that's the solution.  I tried it and it does not solve the problem. I think that is a cop out and Fitbit should have a better product. I have 130.00 Jaybird headphones, I am not about to try and buy another pair to test and find out of it is the issue. I do not have my headphone synced to my phone anymore so that issue is put to rest. Like one guy said it is fine if I do not move. Today I went on the treadmill it was good for about 7 minutes until I bump my wrist on the bar then like it always does it started cutting in and out. I like the fitbit and have had it for almost 1 year for keeping track of all the things I like to do, Run, hike, mountain bike, walk, jog, weights you name it. But not having a reliable solution for listening to music has really turned me off. My only solution I see is getting and Iphone so I can have an I watch, and I hate Iphones.  I need to be able to go on a run, just connect the headphones and know that I am going to get the experience I was promised when I bought the fitbit. It's not like the box says hey by the way before you buy it you may need to wear it on a preferred wrist, or you may have to spend 1000.00 on multiple headphones.  I love the concept like I said before but so far there are no threads with viable solution. Don't get me wrong I have had many great times and it worked properly,  but for the 50+ times it has not worked it is driving me crazy. There is nothing worse than thinking it is going to work and be in a mid workout whatever it is then it happens. I am using the ionic and my firmware version is 32.10.20. If you have any real answer to this nightmare dilemma I could use some help. I may have to look elsewhere and that is a road I would rather not go down. Oh and just an FYI I have reset the watch more time than I can count that solution does not work either.

Sincerely

Darren

Best Answer
0 Votes

@motoxrunner I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing your feedback regarding this. Thanks for sharing all of those details regarding this.

Please try the following:

This has helped other users in the past, so please give this a try! 

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are several answers here and they do work. Not sure where you got the "You have to switch wrists for it to work". I agree that is silly! In all honesty the jaybirds are probably your issue! I have had nothing but issues with them paired to several things. They cut out a lot. I have to move them around to get them working. I have had them for about 6 months,  used for my weightlifting only. No major sweating or anything. I would look into a better pair of headphones! Good Luck.

Best Answer

@Mrrkmiller Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for sharing your experience and help on this thread. I'm sure it will be helpful for other users too.

I've seen several Bluetooth headphones that have received good feedback from users on connection terms. Let me know which ones you get and how they work.

Also, you might be interested in getting Fitbit Flyer headphones. They work perfectly with Ionic. Feel free to check them out.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed  this method and have tried many times, still can't pair, is there any other way to help?

Best Answer
0 Votes