Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The only reasons why I still hold onto the ionic...

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I started this rant because as usual my patience reached boiling point when phone and watch refused to sync for 2 days no matter what I did. No updates or changes to any of these devices. No sync means device not found which also means no notifications which are a big deal to me.

And why do i still hold onto this.. it is because:

- I still hope I am able to use fitbit pay in my country (it should work since they said during pre-launch all contact credit cards will work).

I've given up on:

- Notifications and syncing. It is useless if you consistently have to check your phone whether the watch is doing what it should do. For @#$%k do I get a watch that should notify me of messages/calls to my phone?

- Cycling/running tracking. GPS goes into connecting mode half the time.

- Fitbit pay. Don't think they are able to make a deal with the big boys here to get my bank card usable with their device.

But the real reason why I still hold onto this garbage is because no one even bothers to make an offer for it in my local online classifieds. 

moderator edit: capitalization 

Utterly disappointed!
Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

There is a serious lack lf quality control in the whole company. This is a company which will go the way of dodo birds if they continue pushing out similar poor user experience products.

Utterly disappointed!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Not a chance in a million years the Vernee Thor is going to be a supported phone.

Not to mention that it's not their fault that the banks don't show interest in making their service available through Fitbit Pay if they don't think their users actually have Fitbit Ionics.

The GPS issue is a bad thing but you should know better in regard to everything else.

狂乱 Hey Kids!
Best Answer

Sync and notifications were working for the past month until 3 days ago where they decided not to talk to each other. Nothing was updated from any of my devices.

It isn't just Vernee Thor's problem. Even those they listed as compatible are giving random performances.

Utterly disappointed!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lufalulz I have to disagree that banks not being interested in fitbit pay isn't fitbit's problem. Is fitbit supposed to expect banks to go crawling to them instead of the other way round? They have to get banks to buy into their product, which they failed.

Utterly disappointed!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I love my Ionic! I haven't had any problems with mind except for one of my banks doesn't support Fitbit pay. I just call them every few weeks to let them know there is demand for it

?
Best Answer

With all the fundamental design issues we've found since its release in October, it amazes me that anyone would have enough confidence to let the Ionic anywhere near their bank account.

Best Answer

bmw54,  I can only 'echo' that statement.  Spending hours just trying to get this thing to sync and still no luck.    

LCRDDub

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have to disagree on this. It was Fitbit's choice to create their own OS and Payment system. It is conceivable that this watch could have had android wear and therefore android pay which is widely accepted. 

The lack of apps from Fitbit and major third party players is hugely disappointing. I've had this watch 6 months and no useful app has arrived aside from Deezer. Strava is still useless on the watch itself

Unless something drastic changes it looks like the Fitbit OS project has failed and I won't be buying another Fitbit product

Ionic - Samsung Galaxy S8
Best Answer

Hi @ruriimasu. I’m just curious. Which country are you in? 

Best Answer

@jamesvfennell wrote:

Have to disagree on this. It was Fitbit's choice to create their own OS and Payment system. It is conceivable that this watch could have had android wear and therefore android pay which is widely accepted. 

The lack of apps from Fitbit and major third party players is hugely disappointing. I've had this watch 6 months and no useful app has arrived aside from Deezer. Strava is still useless on the watch itself

Unless something drastic changes it looks like the Fitbit OS project has failed and I won't be buying another Fitbit product

I generally agree on the apps, but I can also see where the companies may be coming from since it's a fairly new device.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Am from Singapore.

Utterly disappointed!
Best Answer
0 Votes