Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today Screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Before the 2.0 update I always had my ionic on the today screen. Now after the update it always defaults to the clock. I there any way to keep the today screen as default? Or maybe so that it defaults to the hours of the day I moved?

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

If you swipe Up you will see the today screen. No way to make it default

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I haven’t been able to find any way to do that, but I agree with you that I prefer it the old way. I’m tired of having to swipe up every single time, not to mention that it now takes more than one screen to display the current stats, as opposed to simply “rolling” it up. I also much preferred being able to get to it via the top right button. I wish we were given the option of picking whichever way we prefer. This update also clears my exercise stats off my watch before I want it to. Maybe it’s just me, but I liked the old way better. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ocho1234 Some of the clock face options have a quick view so you don’t have to scroll through the stats. I have this one (pic below) and I just double tap the screen an all my stats are there.  It will also stay onscreen until I tap it away, so that may be an option for you, @Bmwalex. Not sure how many faces offer this though. 

0DEF8D42-038A-467F-A839-B6BCFD4EAAFD.jpeg

CB38006C-E70D-42BD-80F4-CFE365C85F7C.jpeg

Best Answer

I agree with @Jrdubyakc, with ALL of the Clock Faces now available for the Ionic, you should be able to find a Clock Face with ALL the data you want and more.  I use; ASK Weather, HUD and HUD2, but there are many others that are great as well!

Keep on STEPPING!

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer

I appreciate your response, I think I should have been more clear, though. I definitely take advantage of the many faces that display numerous stats, however, the reason I like the today screen is that it’ll tell me how many more steps I need to get to meet my 250 minimum each hour, and then, when I have. That’s really handy when I’m stuck at my desk for a while. Unfortunately, since the update, I now need to swipe up for that info, more than once, every hour. If there’s a clock face that displays that particular number on the opening screen every hour, I’d love for someone to tell me which one, since I haven’t found it yet. Thanks!

Best Answer

The problem i'm having with the new today screen and the clock faces is they took away the steps per hour.  It's how i know i need to stand up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same issue. My wife can swipe up on her Ionic and see all current stats. I try to swipe and it does nothing. Swiping down of course brings the quick settings, payments, music, etc. It is quite perplexing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i found it.  after you swipe up and select today the screen with the steps scrolls as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is great. Problem for me is the fact that no matter how much i swipe up it fails to bring up the today screen at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@THUFIRPRIME Have you done the new firmware update? 

Best Answer

Yes I have.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@THUFIRPRIME how about restarting your Ionic a few times?

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer