Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Track the walking/running distance from Fitstar into Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I am not sure why Fitbit is not able to track the walking/running distance or map the route in GPS as part of the Track mode? At present it only logs the name of the Fitstar session (ex. Audio coaching). It would be great if it could also track the exact distance as part of the Fitstar session.

Is it possible to add this request to the future development? Also would be nice if there is any workaround in place?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the clarification @Cyberwiz! Currently, FitStar exercises won't show distance just calories burned, average heart rate, max heart rate and workout duration. 

I believe you're talking about SmartTrack exercises, which are automatically detected but they won't show you distance info. If you would like to see distance, you can use run activity mode and you will get all the details. 

Hope this helps! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

A warm welcome to the Community @Cyberwiz! Fitbit Ionic can track exercises and show you a map, if you use connected GPS, learn more about it by checking this article. 

Regarding Fitbit Coach sessions that are in Ionic, at the end of each session it will show you calories burned, average heart rate, max heart rate and workout duration. However, you can post your ideas in our Feature Suggestion board, those are viewed by our engineers and developers. 

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the warm welcome @SilviaFitbit.

I think my earlier message wasn't clear. Ionic itself is tracking the exercises and runs. What I meant was it does not track the running distance which are part of the Fitstar exercises. Ex. today I used the Fitstar: Walk Audio Coaching and Fitbit has record of the heart rate, time elapsed, calories burned and impact. However I see no actual distance or route recorded. Do you mean I have to log the Fitstar run/walk separately on the Fitbit app? Fitbit doesn't perform automatic activity logging for the duration of the Fitstar coaching session.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the clarification @Cyberwiz! Currently, FitStar exercises won't show distance just calories burned, average heart rate, max heart rate and workout duration. 

I believe you're talking about SmartTrack exercises, which are automatically detected but they won't show you distance info. If you would like to see distance, you can use run activity mode and you will get all the details. 

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the clarification.

Best Answer