Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking steps,calories,and miles on a Gym Bike inside on the New Ionic...will it work??

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I currently have a Surge..it flat out will not track anything on a Gym bike...will the New Ionic be able to?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@jthediesel Yes my outside bike has a GPS bike computer and it syncs my rides to other fitness platforms including Fitbit. You can also use Strava app on your phone to track an outdoor ride, and that will sync to Fitbit. 

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

The blaze had "Spinning" as an exercise option, which is what I use on the stationary bike. It only tracks basic information like heart rate and calories though and I'm not sure how accurate these are as it's impossible for the tracker to know your speed and effort.

I would expect the Ionic to have the same "Spinning" exercise shortcut/option too. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

@N8teGee wrote:

The blaze had "Spinning" as an exercise option, which is what I use on the stationary bike. It only tracks basic information like heart rate and calories though and I'm not sure how accurate these are as it's impossible for the tracker to know your speed and effort.

I would expect the Ionic to have the same "Spinning" exercise shortcut/option too. 

It does. The available stats are calories burned, heart rate and elapsed time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jthediesel In the Fitbit world, the Surge/Blaze/Ionic will only track HR and duration of an indoor cycle, and use HR/duration to estimate calories. You can also manually record the indoor ride, and that kinda works but the defaults for calorie burn are unrealistic.

Now if your gym bike broadcasts speed/cadence/power via ANT+ or Bluetooth, its possible you could somehow use another app like maybe Strava or Endomondo to record the gym ride with distance, and both Strava/Endomondo will sync workouts to Fitbit. Keep in mind Fitbit doesn't allow syncing HR, GPS, speed, cadence, and power. For outdoor rides my bike computer syncs to Endomondo, which then syncs to Fitbit and I automatically get a manual workout with time, distance, and calorie burn.

Best Answer
I am understanding that your actual bike has a computer on it???
Best Answer
0 Votes

@jthediesel Yes my outside bike has a GPS bike computer and it syncs my rides to other fitness platforms including Fitbit. You can also use Strava app on your phone to track an outdoor ride, and that will sync to Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes