Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring music does not work

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Music transfer does not work.

I run windows 10 and have reinstalled the Fitbit app numerous times and even restored the ionic back to factory settings but I still cannot transfer music on to the watch and app.

Can some help get this feature working, please? 

I have followed the help guides as set out in other threads but it simply doesn't work.

This feature was one of the main reasons why I bought this watch.

As soon as the watch links with the app the app crashes.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi Tarkan:  I don't have an answer to your question, but am experiencing a similar problem transferring music from my iTunes Playlist to the Ionic.  I am using Windows 10 with the Fitbit app.

After trying to transfer music twice now which was 81 songs, I get an error message with 48 minutes remaining stating that my "Ionic is disconnected," but it was connected to the charger and had a 99% charge on it.

The music is on my Ionic; however when I tap on a particular song, I get the error message, "files were corrupted, and transfer music once again."

I was wondering if your Ionic was having some of the issues I am?

I hope you receive answers to your questions!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hi Tarkan:  I don't have an answer to your question, but am experiencing a similar problem transferring music from my iTunes Playlist to the Ionic.  I am using Windows 10 with the Fitbit app.

After trying to transfer music twice now which was 81 songs, I get an error message with 48 minutes remaining stating that my "Ionic is disconnected," but it was connected to the charger and had a 99% charge on it.

The music is on my Ionic; however when I tap on a particular song, I get the error message, "files were corrupted, and transfer music once again."

I was wondering if your Ionic was having some of the issues I am?

I hope you receive answers to your questions!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic is fine except i cant get even a single song let alone a playlist of songs onto it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I managed to get the transfer working although I am really disappointed with the solution.

It seems the app couldn't cope with the number of playlists that I have. I sent all my playlist to the recycle bin, the app no longer crashes. I am transferring music as I write.

I only had 78 playlists which considering the amount of music I own is not that many.

Really poor that I have to delete files from my hard to get this working.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great on your music transfer!

I haven’t tried to transfer music again since yesterday; I only tried one
Playlist as a test, and that didn’t work. Out of 81 songs, 14 transferred
twice.

I have the manual printed out and with other posts about the same issue, I
guess I will contact Customer Service. I will try your suggestion before
calling them.

Good luck on the remainder of your music transfers!
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Ionic won't even load music. When I click Transfer Music is says connecting then I get the End Now. Piece of junk. Returning it 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @vt2075! Sorry to hear about the transfer music issues you're having. I would like you to make sure that you're following this procedure How do I listen to music and podcasts on my Fitbit watch?.

If you're still having issues, please perform the steps on this article Why can't I download music and podcasts to my Fitbit watch?

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly the same issue here: -

Windows 10, Fitbit App connects to the Iconic no problem

Can read playlists off the Iconic and create new playlist on the PC but nothing will transfer to the iconic.  After a short period, the iconic terminates the connection.

Have uninstalled the app/restarted everything, shut off Bluetooth - everything except hit the useless thing with a hammer.

Come on Fitbit - this used to work great in Fitbit Connect - now it is useless....and appears to have been the same way for a year.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@IshieWishie wrote:

Exactly the same issue here: -

Windows 10, Fitbit App connects to the Iconic no problem

Can read playlists off the Iconic and create new playlist on the PC but nothing will transfer to the iconic.  After a short period, the iconic terminates the connection.

Have uninstalled the app/restarted everything, shut off Bluetooth - everything except hit the useless thing with a hammer.

Come on Fitbit - this used to work great in Fitbit Connect - now it is useless....and appears to have been the same way for a year.

Yep the entire music transfer process is super slow and clunky and constantly does not work properly.  Last time it took an entire 12 hours to transfer 2.3GB of music because of multiple errors in different playlists.  Bad enough when it works it takes 3 hours.  Whereas on my Android and Apple devices 2.3GB takes about 2 minutes to transfer.  So agree the system is rubbish.

Most report they just never load any music into the device.

Vote if this helps you at all and Vote if this is a solution to your issue [Current Leader in Ionic Forum with 15 Solutions + Thumbs Up 92]
Really there is no need to suffer in Frustration - simply call Tech Support at 877-623-4997 and get your Ionic replaced right now while you can
Many have followed this straightforward advice and now have a replacement Ionic - we all should have “zero tolerance” for any defective Ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes

same issue here.

I've loaded successfully once but when I tried to load another playlist, it forced me to delete the old one & now I got nothing in my music storage. 

I hope Fitbit to address to the issue because music storage is one of the reason for me to buy ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @lzpo! I appreciate the details that you've mentioned. I'll be happy to help you with transferring music to your Ionic. 

Remember that you can store over 300 songs on your Ionic and if you have podcasts it takes up more storage space than a 3-minute song. Can you let me know how many songs does your playlist had? 

Please try doing this process: How do I listen to music and podcasts on my Fitbit watch? again. If you encounter any error let me know or provide me with pictures about what you're seeing.

I'll be around if you need further assistance.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

maybe somebody can help me. im not getting anywhere close to actually getting music onto my ionic. i keep over and over getting stuck at this part...
so it says to turn off bluetooth on computer and phone that it will interfere with transfering the music. so then from the minute i turn it off mt phone keeps popping up with requests to turn on my bluetooth for my ionic to connect to my phone via bluetooth. i even unpaired my watch from my phone and i just can not, i havent seen anything no matter what i do other than my watch attempting to connect via bluetooth. it wont even let me get to wifi options. it gives me two options 1) settings (to turn on bluetooth) 2)close (and not move on...)

Please help! This has severely hindered my ability to even begin my transformation! 

PS 
I am working with the iphone 11, fitbit ionic, and windows 10. 
Thank you

Moderator edit: Format 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ccblaine Welcome to the Community. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Thanks for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting tried. 

I would like you to make sure you're doing this procedure using your computer and Fitbit Connect, please check the instructions in this article: How do I listen to music and podcasts on my Fitbit watch? 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When i try to transfer music with my windows 10 it says the End now and i have to use a computer. And i am really disapointed in this fitbit. plz help

Best Answer
0 Votes