Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traveling abroad with Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have an Ionic.  I will soon be traveling outside the U.S. for over a month.  I want to keep my Fitbit time updated and be able to sync my Ionic to my iPhone 7 to my Windows PC.  How can I do that without shutting down my iPhone completely or incurring all the huge data charges for overseas internet data connectivity?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I travel abroad a lot too...in fact, I am planning my 16th cruise!  As long as you can find a local spot with free WiFi, you should be fine.  The Fitbit can store up to, I believe 7 days of information, so as long as you can sync it once a week, you should be fine.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Fitbits store about 7 days of detailed data and about 30 days of summary data. You only need to be able to sync once every 6-7 days to keep all your data. When the storage is full it starts overwriting the oldest data. Suggest looking for a place with Wi-Fi for your iPhone or computer to sync.

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I travel abroad a lot too...in fact, I am planning my 16th cruise!  As long as you can find a local spot with free WiFi, you should be fine.  The Fitbit can store up to, I believe 7 days of information, so as long as you can sync it once a week, you should be fine.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I walk around places where there is no free Wi-Fi.

Best Answer
0 Votes