Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Treadmill workout

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I would be interested to know how the community records treadmill workouts? I am new to Fitbit and I just did my treadmill workout, I chose the Workout - Run option but that wants to hunt for GPS info which doesnt make sense to me. Maybe someone can suggest what they do for Treadmill workouts?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you go to the set up section on the app for your tracker, there is an exercise shortcuts area where you can choose Treadmill as an exercise type.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

If you go to the set up section on the app for your tracker, there is an exercise shortcuts area where you can choose Treadmill as an exercise type.

Best Answer

I use the built in Treadmill workout. This can be added via the Fitbit app if it's not on your list of workouts. 

TIP: I had to change my stride lengths to get a accurate distance ran. 

Best Answer

hey @Hullcity2324 welcome to the community! I have several fitbits including the ionic and unless I am doing an activity that is difficult for the tracker to pick up- I let it auto track the exercise. I usually run first and then either do an incline walk or regular walk and it will pick up both activities in sequence. It will tell you steps, HR and calories for each one. If you do a HIIT or run a little walk a little then using the treadmill as your activity is the right way to go. Enjoy your new buddy!

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Thanks for this. 

What did you mean by changing your stride lenght? Shorter or longer?

Regards

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I find my stride lengths on the treadmill is a lot shorter then what the Fitbit Ionic picks up from doing short gps walks/runs etc outside. As nearly all my runs are on a treadmill I assume the distance on the treadmill is more accurate then what my Fitbit indicates at the end of a workout. So what I had to do is shorten my walk and running stride lengths (done within the Fitbit App > advance settings). Now over a 10mile treadmill run its only off by ~0.3 miles. 

I hope that helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t see a way to change a setting on my New Inspire HR. Do I need to delete the old profile and start over to do this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@wenckus Can you clarify what setting you wanna change? We might be able to help you out.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I want to find a way to have my fitbit inspire hr count my steps on a treadmill

Mary Jo

The need for connection and
community is primal, and as fundamental as the need for air, water, and food. — Dean Ornish MD

Certificate in Plant-based Nutrition
T. Colin Campbell Foundation
ECornell
Best Answer
0 Votes

Please check the Inspire manual starting at page 33.

If you still have some problems do not hesitate to ask.

Best Answer

How do you figure your stride 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don’t see this at all.  App has walk, run, elipitical, sports, outside bike, sports, aerobic ...

there is no treadmill setting

Best Answer

They've recently changed this. When you get to the exercises, it will show 6 with no apparent option to change, except to re-order. You need to "long press" on an exercise you don't want, or swipe left on one... Which will then open the option to add. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an Ionic.  On the watch I touch the top right button for exercises and a list comes up.  Scroll down to the bottom where it says MORE and touch that.  Treadmill is an option after you touch MORE.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!  I have an updated answer.  I know this thread is old (2017), but I am posting for others who have the same question now in 2022.  I have an Ionic.  On the watch I touch the top right button for exercises and a list comes up.  Scroll down to the bottom where it says MORE and touch that.  Treadmill is an option after you touch MORE.

Best Answer

My Sense isn't tracking my treadmill workout very well. My treadmill says I walked 1.7 miles and my Sense says I wkwd 0.33 miles, 851 steps or so...I think it may have to do with me putting my hands on the arm rests for balance. I'm guessing when I put my left arm up on the armrest of the treadmill, I am not swinging my arm which is what the Sense needs to calcysteps. Calling help tomorrow to see if that's why it's off so much.

Best Answer
0 Votes