Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triathalon

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does fit bit ionic have a triathalon app? If not , why not? Seems like it’s a pretty simple app?

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

There doesn't appear to be a Triathlon app. I guess there isn't anything stopping a developer making one, maybe this is something we will see in the future. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

As for why @Mfb55 I see that it has been suggested, but with only 15 votes .

Triathlon And Biathlon

As @N8teGee suggests this could be written by a third party. 

Best Answer

@N8teGee Last I checked 3rd party apps can only save workouts to back to Fitbit dashboard via the web API... which means you get an activity without GPS and HR. I wouldn’t bother using such an app. 

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

Last I checked swimming did not have the option for GPS, you mightwantmito add your vote here. 

Open water swimming for Ionic

Best Answer

@bbarrera wrote:

@N8teGee Last I checked 3rd party apps can only save workouts to back to Fitbit dashboard via the web API... which means you get an activity without GPS and HR. I wouldn’t bother using such an app. 

Good point! In that case it would be pretty useless for most. 

The only thing we can do is hope for Fitbit to develop the option in the exercise app. There is already a feature suggestion for such a feature, so for those interested it would be a good idea to vote. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

As far as I know the development API is too limited to start exercises (swim, bike and run). Also Ionic does not support open water swimming. 

So either Fitbit creates an exercise mode for triathlon or they should open the API more for hobbyist programmers to create one.

Best Answer

@Jonxbii I'm sure their are many Fitbit users that agree with you, did you add your vote to the request? 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue wrote:

@Jonxbii I'm sure their are many Fitbit users that agree with you, did you add your vote to the request? 

I did yes even though I don't do triathlon. Personally I would like to develop a better running application (with more on screen data fields), but unfortunately this is not possible. 

Best Answer