Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble transferring playlists in order from iTunes

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone had this problem?

I have been frustrated to find that the playlists I've transferred to Ionic from iTunes were not copied in the order they were stored in iTunes. (I am a running geek and have them in order of increasing BPM.)

I've deleted all music, recopied, made sure to check the 'copy to play order' option, checked the correct advanced prefs in iTunes, etc. Then spent over an hour on hold/with FitBit support to no avail. Is there something I can do to fix this?? Totally frustrating. 

There are about 30 songs, wonder if that is too many for it to handle, even if it is not 'full'?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@Sakaro wrote:

Has anyone had this problem?

I have been frustrated to find that the playlists I've transferred to Ionic from iTunes were not copied in the order they were stored in iTunes. (I am a running geek and have them in order of increasing BPM.)

I've deleted all music, recopied, made sure to check the 'copy to play order' option, checked the correct advanced prefs in iTunes, etc. Then spent over an hour on hold/with FitBit support to no avail. Is there something I can do to fix this?? Totally frustrating. 

There are about 30 songs, wonder if that is too many for it to handle, even if it is not 'full'?

Yeah the WIFI playlist transfer process is randomly wacky.  It reorders at will.  Last time transferred 2.3GB filling the storage with 3 playlists.  The last one took 4 attempts before all the songs were installed.  Each time requiring 3 hours per attempt.  Total time was over 12 hours.

Comparatively on my Apple or Android devices 2.3GB takes 2 min or less to sync or drag and drop with no errors.  Every time.  So concluded the Fitbit WIFI method is complete crap.  And actually dread ever to put music in the Ionic ever again.  Interestingly most users never even put music in -> because they simply cannot.

But would have thought 30 songs to be pretty straightforward.  Mine is equivalent to about 300.  Unfortunately have found no way to fix this software bug.  But maybe in some random chance they will eventually go in properly if you try enough different ways.  I gave up and was just happy all my songs went in -> even in the improper order.

Vote if this helps you at all and Vote if this is a solution to your issue [Current Leader in Ionic Forum with 15 Solutions + Thumbs Up 92]
Really there is no need to suffer in Frustration - simply call Tech Support at 877-623-4997 and get your Ionic replaced right now while you can
Many have followed this straightforward advice and now have a replacement Ionic - we all should have “zero tolerance” for any defective Ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes