Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off All Day Sync & Always Connected by default

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On the Fitbit app under the Ionic device I suggest you turn off all day sync and always connected.

Why you would want this on?

I can only think of 4 reasons:

1) You have some permanent on screen display you always watch.

2) You look at your Fitbit app every 3 minutes.

3) You love wasting the battery of your phone or your watch.

4) You would rather see your batteries run down then wait 10 seconds or so for a manual sync.

A) For some android phones if you don't turn them off it will not sync correctly.

B) And btw notifications have nothing to do with this, they work just fine/are instant.

I've been saying this over and over again on other threads with some success so I thought it's worthy of it's own thread.

People seem to think they are missing out if they aren't on for some reason. I really can't see what it is.

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

I had seen your other part and had tried that. I called support and a really nice woman much more patient than I told me to forget all the other by devices on the phone and then try to pair. After multiplephone resets, watch resets, bt off/on, watch shutdowns and restarts I was skeptical and just asked for an RMA, thinking it would just make me re-pair my car and Garmin later. But lo and behold, it actually worked. Let see if it holds. It paired yesterday too and then stopped connecting the next morning. Thanks for the tip. For me wiping out the 2 other bt devices allowed it to pair 

Best Answer

This tip has solved my notification issues. I have only had the ionic for a couple of weeks. I left the default settings on, which were, all day sync and always connect both being enabled. For the first few days I would have issues where I wasn't receiving text messages or emails to my watch. Also when I would go to the weather app, it would tell me I needed to sync to the phone app. I played with things on my phone that I thought were causing issues. Such as an app I have installed that auto cleans memory, which clears applications, I uninstalled it. I was a pebble user, and hadn't removed my pebble app, so I did that. Still had issues. Turning off bluetooth and back on again, or rebooting the phone were the only ways I could get the notifications to work again, I suppose rebooting the watch would work as well. The always connected option sounds like it should help with issues like this, so it was difficult to understand why this was fix of disabling it would yield results. I went ahead and disabled both the all day sync and always connected on Sunday, watch has been receiving notifications, no issues, also getting weather, haven't had messages from other apps saying they can't connect. Give it a shot if you are having issues consistently receiving notifications. The phone I have is a Samsung Galaxy Note 8, running android 8.0.0. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I have been having problems trying to get my text messages to on my Fitbit for some reason. When I try to link it in the Fitbit app it always says default. Do you know how I can fix this I have looked everything I could possibly do online. If I can't figure it out this time I'm so done with it and won't even try anymore 

Best Answer
0 Votes