Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn wrist to wake, stopped working on Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic has stopped waking up when I turn my wrist to view the time. I have to push the button on the left to be able to wake up the watch.  I don't see any options under settings to turn that feature on or off, am I missing something?  Connected to SG7 phone.

Best Answer
401 REPLIES 401

Jim said: "None of this was in the manual by the way!".

All of this is in the manual by the way! See pages 56  and subsequent.

Best Answer

My ionic does not have that screen just variable seconds to shut off.

Best Answer

I rebooted still does not work.

This worked right to left swipe does not, thanks.

Best Answer

Holding the left button in for 5 seconds or so should give you the choice of screen wake or notifications. You could totally reboot the fitbit if that does not work

Moderator edit: Removed personal information

Best Answer

I had the same issue, and can confirm, rebooting the watch fixed the problem

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Momtaxi18 @Vashti13 @maxander2000 @FastForward, it's always great to have new member around. Nice to see you guys! Sorry for the delay.

I was glad to see a lot of users helping and advising what to do for this inquiry. Special thanks to @Bill-V @MRAP @Herejudynow @tdhandy @Backintm @maxander2000 @Mfrisz @ionic-jo, you guys showed an amazing team work, helping each other.

Thanks to your comments our good friends @Shaneg34 @Peterkaren @ionic-jo @Jimbo2019 @Bryj found the way to use their Ionic settings for Screen Wake. And as it was mentioned by @SunsetRunner you will find this information on the user manual on page 17. If this is not working you can restart your Ionic and then try it again. 

@bgolfv Did you try to restart your Fitbit? 

@FastForward as it was mentioned in this thread you can follow the steps below: 

Ionic settings.PNG

I'll be around if you have questions.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Actually it did not show up in the manual. My settings were in a different
menu item
--
Best Regards,

Moderator edit: Removed personal information

Best Answer

Hey @Jimbo2019 nice to see you again. Which information is not on the manual? Thanks a million for the heads up, this information is really helpful to us. We're always improving our articles and manuals.

I'll be around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks!!
Best Answer

Hi @FastForward! I'm glad to know that you got help here. Please feel free to come back at any time, we try to take care of all the members of our family. Sorry for the delay.

I dont' know if you're familiar with our Discussions board, there is a really good chance for you to like it. In case that you haven't do so, check it out! You might be interested in these topics: Get Moving and Challenge Your Environment.

Keep stepping around in the Forums! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What if your swipe right function doesn’t work?  My Ionic works only by swiping left 

Best Answer

Press and hold the left button for a few seconds. Then swipe
--
Best Regards,
Jim B.

Moderator edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer
Or reboot the ionic
Best Answer
Hold left button till screen awake appears then put in auto
Best Answer
There is no swipe right function.
Reset ionic byswiping left to setting and scrolling down to about and choose about. Then scroll down to Factory reset
Best Answer
0 Votes
Don’t need swipe function for screen awake function just hold the left
single button in till it appears
Best Answer

Not the manual I got! By the way!

Best Answer

No need to factory reset! Just hold the left button a couple of seconds until the option appears! 

Best Answer

Hi @Jimbo2019 @Mfrisz @Peterkaren thanks a million for showing our new users a collaborative and helpful environment. Welcome aboard @Bwoodell and @mphcanada.

If your Ionic is not swiping right after holding down the back button, you can restart your Ionic and give a try again. You should be able to see the Music control option there. 

music c.PNG

What is the manual that you got @Jimbo2019? I'd like to check that information. 

Thanks for checking.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

On your ionic, to turn on/off the quick view all you have to is to swipe right on the clock screen. There you should see the Screen Awake option. Make sure it is Auto (manual will only turn on the display by tapping or pressing the buttons).

Swipe right takes me to apps. I pressed and held the left button to enter the "Screen Awake" menu.

Best Answer