Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn wrist to wake, stopped working on Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic has stopped waking up when I turn my wrist to view the time. I have to push the button on the left to be able to wake up the watch.  I don't see any options under settings to turn that feature on or off, am I missing something?  Connected to SG7 phone.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Forums @Momtaxi18 @Vashti13 @maxander2000 @FastForward, it's always great to have new member around. Nice to see you guys! Sorry for the delay.

I was glad to see a lot of users helping and advising what to do for this inquiry. Special thanks to @Bill-V @MRAP @Herejudynow @tdhandy @Backintm @maxander2000 @Mfrisz @ionic-jo, you guys showed an amazing team work, helping each other.

Thanks to your comments our good friends @Shaneg34 @Peterkaren @ionic-jo @Jimbo2019 @Bryj found the way to use their Ionic settings for Screen Wake. And as it was mentioned by @SunsetRunner you will find this information on the user manual on page 17. If this is not working you can restart your Ionic and then try it again. 

@bgolfv Did you try to restart your Fitbit? 

@FastForward as it was mentioned in this thread you can follow the steps below: 

Ionic settings.PNG

I'll be around if you have questions.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
401 REPLIES 401

My ionic has stopped waking up when I turn my wrist to view the time. I have to push the button on the left to be able to wake up the watch.  I don't see any options under settings to turn that feature on or off, am I missing something?  Connected to SG7 phone.

Best Answer

On your ionic, to turn on/off the quick view all you have to is to swipe right on the clock screen. There you should see the Screen Awake option. Make sure it is Auto (manual will only turn on the display by tapping or pressing the buttons).

Best Answer

Thank you!

Best Answer

THANKYOU!!! I Was also having this problem!!

Best Answer

Mine is set to auto but doesn't work under auto when moving my wrist. My blaze did but Ionic isn't. 

Best Answer

It works for awhile for me but eventually stops responding to wrist movement or double tap until I manually press the side button then it will work again for awhile.

Almost as if it goes into a sleep state.

Would you happen to have a screen protector on?  Wonder if that could affect response...

Best Answer
Appreciate the response but actually after rebooting for 1st time (new) it now works.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid
Best Answer
0 Votes

i,m want to turn this off but when i swipe right this option is not there just the apps come up?

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

i,m want to turn this off but when i swipe right this option is not there just the apps come up?

Are you sure you’re swiping the right way? Right to left - apps come up, left to right - (screen and notification) settings come up.

Best Answer

Thanx for the tip as it's handy to turn of wrist action. Especially when out for evenng or dancing !!!

Best Answer

Thank you!

Best Answer

You saved me! Thanks! That was too easy! Bless you!

Papa Fred

Best Answer

This worked for me. However, I'm wondering why it got set there in the first place since it used to be working. Is it because of a firmware upgrade?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! That's why I couldn't find it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, solved my problem 

Best Answer

I’m pretty sure it happens if you rub the screen inadvertently in just the right way

Best Answer
0 Votes
I put a new case on it and I guess I accidentally turned it off. I thought it was the case messing it up some how, was thankful it wasn’t.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Many thanks for this, mine had suddenly stopped to. I must have accidentally brushed it to manual 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, mine had been turned off.

Jayne D. (Ionic, Galaxy S7, Windows 10 PC)
Best Answer
0 Votes