Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn wrist to wake, stopped working on Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic has stopped waking up when I turn my wrist to view the time. I have to push the button on the left to be able to wake up the watch.  I don't see any options under settings to turn that feature on or off, am I missing something?  Connected to SG7 phone.

Best Answer
401 REPLIES 401
Thanks for your help. Find turning off and on a few times helped.
Best Answer
It should work by holding the left button in for 5 seconds it should bring
up the screen awake function how old is your ionic ?
Best Answer
Hi my ionic is only a few months old if that. It's going OK again now. Was
weird that it stopped and froze. Had also frozen in pin screen and had to
reset a few times.
Best Answer
If it happens again an u av the receipt ring them up they r grt on fone if
they can’t rectify they will send a new one they did me
Pete
Best Answer
Fantastic, thanks for that.
Best Answer

Thx. Did all that but nothing worked. Fitbit replaced a couple of weeks ago. I had bought it last October. So far new one going strong. Little cumbersome :alarm_clock: but it works.

Ron
👨‍💻
"A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.” Ayn Rand

Moderator edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer

Is your Fitbit app set up for the correct dominant wrist? If you have screen wake on auto and the correct wrist selected then call support and get a replacement.

Best Answer
Thanks for your message. Everything is set right but it's working now. I'll
see about replacement if it happens again.
Best Answer

Swiping Right does not bring anything up, Swiping Left does bring up the installed apps.

If there isn't another location in the Dashboard or Android app (I haven't found it yet), this does not seem to have a fix.

Best Answer
Hold left hand button in for 5 seconds to see screen awake function put on
auto
Best Answer

Thank You

Best Answer
👍
Best Answer
Spoiler
Spoiler
I found the settings! Long press the Left button and the option pops up.
Best Answer

Thanks for this.  Problem solved. Do not know when mine got turned to manual. Allan E

Best Answer
If you are trying to turn on auto wake, press the button on the left side
of your watch until it vibrates. You should see the auto wake function and
can turn it on by tapping it. If the function does not come up at first,
swipe left or right to find it.
Best Answer
👍
Best Answer

My ionic did not swipe right, but pressing the button on left side of face displayed screen options.

Best Answer

Hi everybody, thanks for keep posting your Fitbit experience about your Ionic. Sorry for the delay. Welcome to all new members in this thread @segreenwade@lillex and @MRAP.

@rlfbrew I'm glad to see that finally got your replacement. It's too bad that your old one didn't respond but as you said fortunately you got your replacement. Let us know if you need anything else.

@segreenwade@Gason and @lillex good to see that your Ionic is working again. Thanks for following those troubleshooting steps.

@Backintm@AndyB1962 and @Peterkaren thanks a million for the steps that you suggested. It helped a lot of users. 

@Star72 I really appreciate the time you took in order to troubleshoot your Fitbit Ionic. Good to hear that it worked for you. Please if you need more help let us know, I'll be glad to keep assisting you. 

@tdhandy thanks for following the suggested steps. I noticed that you mentioned in one of your last posts that your Ionic still is not working properly. I've requested a case on you behalf, please keep an eye on your email inbox. Let me know if you need anything else.

@MRAP thanks for reaching out. Please try to restart your Ionic and let me know if this works for you.

I'll be around guys.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic only swipes one way and that is to display the apps. It will not swipe the opposite way to display that option. 

Best Answer

Hold left button first
This button also music connection to blue tooth
Regards

Moderator edit: Removed personal information

Best Answer