Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn wrist to wake, stopped working on Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic has stopped waking up when I turn my wrist to view the time. I have to push the button on the left to be able to wake up the watch.  I don't see any options under settings to turn that feature on or off, am I missing something?  Connected to SG7 phone.

Best Answer
401 REPLIES 401

Update as of 10/02/2018.

I tried the "accepted solution" on this thread - but it seems since 2017 the interface was updated; the original solution no longer serves.

To change the "Screen Wake" settings on the Fitbit Ionic, simply hold the only button to the left of the display while on the home screen. The watch should vibrate twice, displaying the "Screen Wake" and "Notification" settings. From here you can use the touch screen to toggle between "Auto" and "Manual".

Hope this helps!

Best Answer

Ok I was also not getting that option of right to left.

Solution : Long press your left (single) button and you get that option

Best Answer

Finally - this works!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This post is old, but my Ionic is new and it now has the same problem.  However, the accepted solution does not work for me.  When I swipe right on my clock face, the screen is empty.  I have tried several clock faces in hopes that it was specific to the clock face I chose.  But, still no luck.  I must always press button to see clock.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hold the left button. 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hold the left button down and the choice will appear on the acreen.

Sent from Xfinity Connect Application
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried holding the left button until the watch vibrates? That should bring up the option to turn on auto-wake.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys, thanks for jumping in here and for helping each other!  If you're still not getting the option for the Screen Wake, please try the following steps:

• On your watch tap and hold the left button.
  • Feel a vibration and a menu will appear.
  • Swipe left or right to find the Screen Wake settings.

Give this a go and let me know if this time it works! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
This worked. I found the screen wake and set it to auto. Now, it works
again. Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

mine was doing the same thing. I would try swiping right and nothing would happen. What I found is, by pressing and holding the left-hand button, it will vibrate and then open the screen to set it to auto.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same orblem but my fitbit will not allow me to swipe right at all. Is there another way I can adjust this setting.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hold in left button.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I did find this instruction and it worked for me. I love this
watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes

There isn't any screen to the right anymore...There isn't any screen to the right anymore...There is no longer a screen when you swipe to the right...Swiping left still brings up apps.  I was able to bring up the menu by holding in the left button till the menu came up...

Best Answer
0 Votes

See THIS is the real winning answer. I spent more time than i'm comfortable admitting swiping right and getting frustrated. One of the updates must have changed it. Thanks fitbit community! 

Best Answer

Odd thing is with my Iconic swiping right doesn’t work.  I have to hold the left button to access the change screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes
There's nothing when i swipe to right... It's blank.. Please help.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Press the left button until the watch vibrates. That will bring up the option to turn on the screen wake. Touch to select and turn on.Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

On my Ionic, if you press and hold the single button on the left-hand side you will see a menu the top item of which is 'Screen Wake'. Below 'Screen Wake' you can toggle between auto and manual by touching the screen. To return to the clock face , just press the left-hand button one more time.

Best Answer

i already try to swipe to the left and right. but i just can only view the apps, but not the setting of the "Screen wake". nothing can be viewed to set it. it just come back to the clock screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes